View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 12:08 AM

Send a message via AIM to Nairek

CLS,

I won't lie, some days are better than others. It has been very rainy in NY for the past 2 weeks. I don't usually do well when it rains since the surgery. Weird thing was that I was hurting this morning & the sun was out. I guess there's no rhyme or reason sometimes.

I'm sorry to hear that you are still dealing with so much pain & discomfort. You mention how your lower back muscles are tender to the touch. I STILL have that problem. I've had that for well over 10 years now. As time has passed it has gotten progressively worse. I wish I knew the cause of this. I had prayed that the surgery would end it & am sad that it hasn't. Unfortunately OTC pain relievers don't work for me anymore. I've built up a tolerance due to 20 years of migraines

I'll try massaging the incision site to see if this helps the nerves. I don't think it would hurt to see if it helps ease my pain at this point.

We are looking to move at the end of June. We are pretty excited & I am of course nervous about moving away from my doctors so soon after surgery. I have to see if I can get referrals to doctors in SW Florida. The interesting part will be seeing who will accept NYS Worker's Comp as payment.

It may seem that you are not healing as quickly as you would like. I know that you know this, each person heals at a different rate. Some faster than others. I think a lot of it depends on how bad things were before the surgery. If I recall correctly, you had more severe issues than I did. This may be why you are recovering more slowly.

I've been told that it takes time to heal. I'm impatient. I want results now, not later LOL. It will all work out. If it means that it will take a little longer, then so be it. Just hang in there. We'll get thru the tough times!
Disc Bulge C4/C5, Disc Degeneration T11/T12, Bi-Lateral tears L5/S1, Diagnosed w/ Lumbar Disc Derangement w/ Radiculopaphy. Treatment: IDET, Percutaneous Discectomy, SI Joint Injection, Facet Block. All failed. Empire BC/BS Denied Coverage for ADR-lost all of my appeals. MVP also denied coverage.

Anterior/Posterior Fusion L5/S1 -1/20/09