Thread: Finally...
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 01:13 PM

I almost cried when I read a couple of these posts.

My last MRI mentioned an annular fissure. The doctors I've been seeing have said as Mark quoted "your films look way too good for you to be having the the kind of pain you are reporting." If that doesn't make a person think they are a hypochondriac, I don't know what will.

I hadn't put the two together until now, I couldn't prove anything to anyone because they thought that I was 'extremely sensitive', or 'the princess and the pea syndrome' as my husband often says. And yes, one day he will pay for that remark.....

And guess what...they don't 'do' discograms or facet blocks up here, at least in any of our great hospitals, one of which is a teaching hospital. I was stunned when I heard all of you talking about them here, and then being told that they are outdated here...because they now have MRIs to look at.

jchebert1979, I am so pleased for you. It sounds like you finally have all your ducks in a row, and on your way to the other side. Congratulations on your perseverance. I'm looking forward to more posts about your continued success.
All conventional therapy exhausted, including spinal injections, PT, massage, etc.
In appeal with Gov't Insurance for Out-of-country coverage for ADR hybrid surgery of above discs.
Recently discovered that I am severely allergic to all common metals used in surgical hardware except for Titanium.