View Single Post
Old 05-10-2009, 04:29 PM

Send a message via AIM to Nairek

Michelle,

It is true that in the US it is a lot easier to have pain meds prescribed by your doctor. Actually, any meds for that matter. It seems that the answer to what ails people is to just pop pills. At least that's how it seems how doctors think.

I have been on pain meds & muscle relaxants on & off for years. I get them filled at the same pharmacy & I know that I am on their "watch list". If my pain mgmt doc doesn't write my scripts out clearly, I have to wait for the pharmacy to call him before they fill my script. So if I try to fill it on a Saturday, I have to wait until Monday. Good thing I keep a few extra pills to get through the weekend.

Any narcotic medication that I have been on, will not have a refill. I have to go back to the pain mgmt doc to get another prescription. I believe this is how they keep track as to how much you are taking & whether or not the prescribed dose is helping.

It's really sad that you have to fight so hard to get the relief that you need. Proper pain mgmt is a must & you shouldn't be denied that.
Disc Bulge C4/C5, Disc Degeneration T11/T12, Bi-Lateral tears L5/S1, Diagnosed w/ Lumbar Disc Derangement w/ Radiculopaphy. Treatment: IDET, Percutaneous Discectomy, SI Joint Injection, Facet Block. All failed. Empire BC/BS Denied Coverage for ADR-lost all of my appeals. MVP also denied coverage.

Anterior/Posterior Fusion L5/S1 -1/20/09