View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 12:36 AM

Exclamation

Mark,

I am sorry you are in so much pain.
I know in an earlier post I asked if you have seen Matthew Scott-Young, the Australian doctor that does ADRs? I believe he is in Queensland? I do not know if he does revisions but he does seem to be one of the top docs and he is in your country.

I read up a little bit on revisions when Phylly was going to get one done and I sent her a paper on revisions that you can probably get from her.
Like the other Mark said, from what I have read Maverick revisions which involve taking out the disc are more complicated than a ProDisc or Charite revision.

Personally, I would not take the chance of having my disc taken out. I would do the posterior fusion. I am a nurse and I think the risks are too high.
But that is me.
I wholeheartedly supported Phylly when she decided to have her ProDiscs taken out and to have fusion after. She has been through it, so if I was you I might contact her if you haven't already.

That's all I know. I feel for you because you already went through a major surgery and now are facing more.
It shows that no surgery is a guarantee of relieving your pain and every surgery is a risk.
I will be praying for you and I hope all goes well.

Runner