View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 06:36 AM

Default Hi

Hi Everyone,
Thanks for all the replys, they have definhately been helpful. I have plenty of Xrays and other scans from prior to the ADR that show a straight spine. The curve developed after the ADR. I have 3 Xrays after the ADR and it shows the curve getting worse around the disc with a very minor curve 4 days after the ADR. I also have a posterior stabilization device still in place. That being the Diam which I do understand is not as good as a DSS system or a Corflex but surely that would help a little. I obvoiusly would like to have the symplist and safest operation, as long as it doesnt burn any bridges if it doesnt work. So if a posterior fusion doesnt remove the options of a disc removal at a later date then to me that would be the wisest option. But that being said I dont want to have 3 or 4 major operations if it can be done in 1 and from the medical papers I have regarding ADR revisions fusion while leaving the disc in often isnt as good as removing the disc. Also listening to Mark (MMGlobal) it obviously isnt something that has been perfected and there is obviously alot of debate about the correct procceedure to correct a failed ADR as there have been possitive and negative results from all attempted ways. I have heard of too many problems with a DSS system to consider that especially as my disc is so far misplaced and feel that way would definately mean an extra operation or 2. From what ive read the best option is usually removal with a 360 fusion to fully stabilize the area. Hopefully I can find a surgeon before problems occur to other areas. Please continue to give me your thoughts as your advice so far has been exremely benificial.
Thanks,
Mark
July 2009 ADR successfully removed laterally by Dr Luiz Pimenta in Brasil with XLIF and perc. PLIF

NO LONGER POSTING HERE