View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 10:43 AM

Hi Mark,

I'm from Sydney and I saw a guy at Westmead Private. I haven't been operated on but saw him for a consult for ADR/fusion.

If you want his name I can give it to you, I don't know if he does ADR revisions though.

There is a neuro in South Australia that has a good reputation for taking on very difficult fusion revisions, but can't think of his name, if you would like, I can ring someone who was revised by him and get back to you.

The other thought I had is to ask your neurosurgeon who HE thinks is the best for revision surgery. As someone suggested, Matthew Scott-Young has a pretty good reputation, but he is in Queensland.

If it were me in this situation, I would be trying to see the guys in Germany. They are the best of the best. It would cost a lot more than being done here, but if you can afford it, it might be the safest and best outcome for you.

Take care

Hucky
C6/7, MRI shows large right paracentral disc protrusion with extension centrally. Mild compression of cervical cord and obscuring the neural foramen and exiting nerve root. No uncinate process hypertrophy no facet joint degeneration. no left neural foramina narrowing.
1200mg of Neurontin.

In the last 3 years have seen 1 gen surg, 2 neurosurg and 1 ortho surg. All rec fusion, only 1 recommends ADR or fusion.

Have been off Neurontin since Nov 2006