View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 12:16 PM

I know this is an older thread, but I want to thank everyone for the information. I've really been worried about this, and I haven't even had the surgery yet. My husband and I are very...active......and the thought of going two days, much less two weeks or (OMG) LONGER and I'm thinking, how are we going to survive? After my laminectomy last year, the doctor told us two weeks, but we had to get creative after about four days......and be very slow and gentle. But this ADR is much more major that the lami and I know that I'm going to be in considerably more pain. For those of you that have been following my "stressed out, freaked out, completely losing it in the middle of the night" posts, this has been one of my stressors. Thank you, Kathy, for starting this, and I'd like to know, since you're almost two months post-op, how you and your husband are doing, if you don't mind sharing...

MRI 4/2008 shows bulging disc with annular tear @ 4/L5 and and complete herniation at L5/S1.

9/11/08 Laminectomy , successful to a point...relieved nerve pain, but after 4 months was still having severe disc pain.

Treatments tried: epidural shots, oral pain killers, NSAID's, TENS massage, chiropractic care, deep tissue massage. Oh, and plenty of our homemade wine!

May 26 2009, 2 level ADR, L4-S1, Dr. Bertagnoli, Straubing, Germany