View Single Post
Old 01-17-2007, 04:23 AM

Smile Sunshine – ADR @ L4-5; Fusion @ L5-S1 - 1/4/07

After years of waiting and fighting, On January 4, 2007 I finally had my surgery. I had an artificial disc (Charite) @ L4-5 and a fusion at L5-S1. My neurosurgeon was Dr. Carl Lauryssen and my surgery was at Olympia Medical Center.

In my opinion I had the most fantastic and skilled neurosurgeon. Dr. Lauryssen is the most kind, compassionate and caring physician whom I have ever encountered and I feel very fortunate that he and his office staff fought so hard with me to make this surgery happen. I would highly recommend him to anyone. The care I received at Olympia Medical Center overall was excellent and far exceeded my expectations.

Unfortunately I had to remain in the hospital for a few more days than anticipated (in total 6 days post-op). I am now at home recovering and taking it slow and steady.

I am so grateful to my surgeon, his entire office staff, my family and friends for all the care, love and support that I have received thus far. I want to give a special thank you to my mother (who has taken off work this month in order to take care of me and help with my recovery).