View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 06:00 PM

Symara,

Are you thinking of having a 3rd discectomy on that disc or are you thinking of having a fusion or ADR? If you're thinking of a 3rd discectomy, then you wouldn't have to be off work for so long...can you work from home? I know I'll probably be working from my hospital bed in Germany...but I'm a little on the anal side and I want things done MY way and don't want anyone else doing MY STUFF...

I know that's probably not much comfort...but just know that regardless of the choice you make, you aren't alone. I learned that very quickly after I joined this forum. This is a community of good people who have soothed me at noon while I'm fighting back tears at my desk at work, and at 3:00 in the morning, while I'm fighting the "crazies" in my living room. I have found so much peace here...I wish there was a way we could organize an annual iSpine Reunion just we could get together every year and I could hug everyone's neck (gently! )...and I've only been a member for a couple of months!

Hang in there, and I know that there are a lot of people who are available to talk via the forum or one-on-one (feel free to PM me if you'd like) anytime you need it.

MRI 4/2008 shows bulging disc with annular tear @ 4/L5 and and complete herniation at L5/S1.

9/11/08 Laminectomy , successful to a point...relieved nerve pain, but after 4 months was still having severe disc pain.

Treatments tried: epidural shots, oral pain killers, NSAID's, TENS massage, chiropractic care, deep tissue massage. Oh, and plenty of our homemade wine!

May 26 2009, 2 level ADR, L4-S1, Dr. Bertagnoli, Straubing, Germany