View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 07:33 AM
Administrator

Turned 5 weeks post-op today.

I'm still limited in my uptime... but the limit is VERY high. B the end of the day, unless I quit early (after 5 or 6 hours) I get into significant pain when laying down... rolling over (knife in low cervical or upper thoracic). I also get the pain in R chest and back on deep breathing.

When I had my big setback 3 weeks ago... these symptoms kicked in and stayed for more than a week before I started to turn around. For the last week, I've gotten better and better each day. (evidenced by my uptime improving and the when the pain kicked in, it did not last.)

This was proven to me last Thursday. I had a very busy day, but I had a MUST ATTEND event at night - ceremony for Jason getting masters degree in education (way to go Jason!) I knew I was hurting pretty bad early in the ceremony, but there was no way I was bailing out. Thursday night, I was worried... it was pretty bad, but Friday I was OK. In fact, Friday was the first day since the big setback that I was actually running around saying "I haven't felt this good in years."

Same thing Saturday... busy day preparing for graduation party... lots of pain Saturday night... but OK on Sunday. I don't know how much longer I'll be dealing with this, but I see myself getting better and better each day.

We'll see how I do the next couple of weeks... I leave in a few hours for Germany. I have a few clients lined up in Munich and Straubing and will spend the next 2 weeks doing the marathon that is a surgery trip. I usually do much better on the trips than I do at home because the activities are so varied... I don't sit at a desk all day. As long as I don't fall asleep on a flight with my neck in a goofy position... I'll be good. Wish me luck.

Sorry I have not been able to post more. It's not because I'm bad... it's because I'm busy. That is a good thing!

All the best,

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org