View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 12:16 PM

Symara, what meds are you currently taking? Could it be that you've added something new recently (or changed dosage of existing meds or even changed to a generic) and that you might be taking two or more things that are causing a reaction with each other? Do you have different docs prescribing different meds that you may be filling at different pharmacies, and because of this, no one has caught on to what is happening? I've been down this road with my mother-in-law, and if I hadn't asked all these questions of her, and caught what was happening, she would have been in a coma within 24 hours...

Also, I completely agree with Dale about having another discectomy...and if I'm reading your signature correctly, this would be your 3rd one on the same disc in 5 years? Seems to me that there'd be a lot of scar tissue build-up by doing that many...and then if you do decide to do ADR in the future, could all this scar tissue prevent you from being a candidate?

If you can't find a doctor in your area that does ADR and that's the way you want to go then you may have to travel. And if you have to travel, then you may as well travel to the best. Experience in placing these implants is critical to the success of the surgery. There are many people on this forum who can help you find a good doctor or you can go to Mark...just send a PM to mmglobal and he can help you.

Hang in there...we're here for you...keep us posted. One more thought...have you tried elevating your legs in the evenings?

Jess

MRI 4/2008 shows bulging disc with annular tear @ 4/L5 and and complete herniation at L5/S1.

9/11/08 Laminectomy , successful to a point...relieved nerve pain, but after 4 months was still having severe disc pain.

Treatments tried: epidural shots, oral pain killers, NSAID's, TENS massage, chiropractic care, deep tissue massage. Oh, and plenty of our homemade wine!

May 26 2009, 2 level ADR, L4-S1, Dr. Bertagnoli, Straubing, Germany