View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessmith07 View Post
Symara, what meds are you currently taking? Could it be that you've added something new recently (or changed dosage of existing meds or even changed to a generic) and that you might be taking two or more things that are causing a reaction with each other? Do you have different docs prescribing different meds that you may be filling at different pharmacies, and because of this, no one has caught on to what is happening? I've been down this road with my mother-in-law, and if I hadn't asked all these questions of her, and caught what was happening, she would have been in a coma within 24 hours...

Also, I completely agree with Dale about having another discectomy...and if I'm reading your signature correctly, this would be your 3rd one on the same disc in 5 years? Seems to me that there'd be a lot of scar tissue build-up by doing that many...and then if you do decide to do ADR in the future, could all this scar tissue prevent you from being a candidate?

If you can't find a doctor in your area that does ADR and that's the way you want to go then you may have to travel. And if you have to travel, then you may as well travel to the best. Experience in placing these implants is critical to the success of the surgery. There are many people on this forum who can help you find a good doctor or you can go to Mark...just send a PM to mmglobal and he can help you.

Hang in there...we're here for you...keep us posted. One more thought...have you tried elevating your legs in the evenings?

Jess

I'm taking Hydrocodone with phenegren for pain and nausea with the meds, taking for awhile so I don't think that's it. I started Topamax a few weeks ago, but i can't find that as a side affect anywhere. I started Cymbalta a few days ago, but that was after all this started. I get this all filled at the same pharmacy.

Yes, this is my third discectomy, if I do it. I have one appointment with an orthopedic surgeon for a second opinion, getting another in june after I get my surgical notes from the previous surgeries faxed over to them. I have a call in to the professor of orthopedic surgery at UofK in Lexington, should be getting a priority consult from them anytime now, it will probably be July before I can be seen though. I'm calling Dr Balderston's office today about an e-mail I sent to see if I can do a phone appointment with him.

as far as elevating, I've been putting them up, probably not above my heart like I should, but it hasn't been as bad that the last couple days, not gone, but not ballooned up like hobbitt feet.

Discsectemy June L4/L5 2004

Discssectemy L4/L5 January 2007

MRI May 5th - showed "moderate sizd protruding disk in the the left paracentral location at the L4-5 level which appears to a more porminent comparison to the prior examination" and "appears to impinge upon the exiting nerve root"

May 11th Dr Apptment - Told that another Discsectemy could be done.

Looking for Surgeon for second Opinion