View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 04:40 PM

Default Question about stiffness in back

Hi everyone,

You know, I am starting to wonder if the growing stiffness (and beginning to call it pain) in my back is due to all my inactivity. Initially, after surgery, I did not have any back pain whatsoever, except surgical pain. Now it seems the old demons are creeping back in. I really have been trying to ignore it, but it is really starting to bother me. I have not really been given a green light for exercise which is killing me. I am just getting stiffer and stiffer, not to mention blowing up like the Pillsbury dough boy! I am going to take myself for a short walk and see if I can begin to either break this up or shake it off. Any thoughts? I just will not know what to do if all my pain begins to really settle in. It's starting to freak me out. I have not mentioned it to my husband at all. Then I start wondering if this is just going to be my life. My new normal that will never get better and a lifetime of narcotics....
bicycle accident 6/01: 2 compression fractures @ T12-L1; vertibroplasty; 4/06: right hip labral tear & arthroscopic repair; 4/07: lumbar prodiscs @ 3 levels, L3-6 by Dr. Bertagnoli; 7/02/08: ALIF L6-S1; 7/30/08: reopened to remove bone cement, leaked onto S1 nerve root; 8/08: pulmonary embolism, double pneumonia, collapsed left lung, pleurisy, pleural effusion; ALIF fusion complete; 3/10/09: SI Joint Fusion by Dr. Stark; Jury still out.