View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 02:36 AM

Default What I do for fun? Ok...I'll give it a go.

Well that's changed an aufull lot since my accident but I'll give this my best shot!

1. Walking/mini hiking with my dog. I'm in love with my animals
2. i love to be up in the mountains...I'm not far from Yosemite. I used to be an avid hiker. I can't do this anymore but realized I can sit in nature and still enjoy the beauty of it and hey at least I'm there!
3. I love to write
4. I love to make others laugh
5. I volunteer at the American Cancer Society
6. I still do some Graphic Design, some paid and some for friends and I love that. I really enjoy doing logos. Need a business card? let me know.
7. I love to sing although I'm off key a lot
8. I love to travel. This is pretty hard since my accident but I managed to go around the world. Did a lot on ships. Easier to travel that way for me.
9. I love to help people. It gets me outside of myself
10. On light pain days I'll be outside somewhere in the redwoods.
11. I love hunting on ebay but have to be careful

Lately I love to dream about having a surgery outcome where I have more quality of life and can have less days in bed and less meds. Sometimes holding on to my dreams and hopes are the best I can do. Sometimes holding on to my sanity is the best I can do too.

I've enjoyed reading everyone's posts about what you like to do.

Terry Allen Blackburn...i'm a watch collector too....Old Tags, Roger Dubois and more. It's addicting and can be pricey. I look on Ebay....and use the "all over the world" option. I love finding outdated watches that are impossible to find.

Dancing accident in 96. tried PT, acupuncture, pilates, pain mgmt. nothing worked. Epidurals, facet blocks, caudal blocks, discogram. Opiates for ten years, oral prednisone, toradol inj. & more.

Two level spinal fusion with BMS, cages, hardware. due to bone density problems from chemotherapy, they had to go in front and back. Surgery Nov. 6, 2010. So far no regrets.