View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 08:11 PM

Eastex, many of my friends and family, including myself, have discovered that those really bad leg cramps (charlie horses) can be gotten rid of by taking magnesium supplement pills, or even the calcium magnesium ones. They seem to be caused by an imbalance of some kind.

The pain can be excruciating, and I was amazed that taking three or four of those pills that can be gotten from the drug store, can get rid of the cramps really quickly.

Even my mom takes them after getting some really expensive other supplements from her doctor a few years ago. They both work, but hers were breaking her budget

These may work for you, and sure can't hurt to try, as far as I know. I can't remember exactly which dose I was using, but it didn't seem to make that much difference.

This is much different than the nerve pain we experience from the spine, right? This is the cramping that drives you nuts, comes on suddenly and you have to get up and walk around to try and get rid of them? At least that is what it sounds like you are describing. Hope this works for you.
All conventional therapy exhausted, including spinal injections, PT, massage, etc.
In appeal with Gov't Insurance for Out-of-country coverage for ADR hybrid surgery of above discs.
Recently discovered that I am severely allergic to all common metals used in surgical hardware except for Titanium.