View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 12:38 AM

Default Bone Density Results

Hi, I do have doctor appointments in the future but will be waiting awhile. In the meantime does anyone have any knowledge of the following? I got my bone density test back. Not what I had hoped for.

It says osteopenia for hip and spine. Does anyone know anything about how that may affect my chances for ADR or Fusion? If I can't have either I don't know what I'm going to do. I'm trying to find out what I can do to help myself.

I am already taking calcium, magnesium and D (nettle and horsetail included in that). I am also on Arimidex which I must take as a hormone blocker (due to previous cancer) which does have a reputation to cause problems with this.

I will be able to talk to a doctor but my appt.s might be awhile and wondered if anyone had any ideas or personal experience in regards to this.

Thanks D

Dancing accident in 96. tried PT, acupuncture, pilates, pain mgmt. nothing worked. Epidurals, facet blocks, caudal blocks, discogram. Opiates for ten years, oral prednisone, toradol inj. & more.

Two level spinal fusion with BMS, cages, hardware. due to bone density problems from chemotherapy, they had to go in front and back. Surgery Nov. 6, 2010. So far no regrets.