View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 07:16 AM

Default Bertagnoli Three Level Lumbar S1-L3 ProDisc Surgery

Hi. This is Katherine. I've posted one time before on Mark's thread when he was in Straubing having surgery. Mark is here with me as we speak. So, I'm a little loopy as they have given me the sleepy pill but I wanted to start the tread before things got going. Just to give you a little back ground, I've had problems since I was a teenager and I'm now 41. My bottom three discs are pretty much shot - very little disc space left S1-L3. Yesterday, Dr. B tested L2-L3 to make sure it was not a pain generator and luckily it was not (L3-L4 was positive). We are going to do the ADCT procedure on L2-L3 as it has a tear and a bulge and we are hoping this will shore it up. So I will come back to Germany after they have harvested cells from the discs they remove today and grow them up. They will be transplanted back into L2-L3 in about 3 months (and maybe a few cervical discs as well). More from Straubing after the surgery. Several of you sent me messages when I posted before. Thank you all very much!
Surgery with Bertagnoli May 2009
3 level Pro-Disc ADR S1-L3