View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 10:27 AM
Administrator

Friday afternoon in Straubing, day 3 post-op for Katherine. She finally turned the corner yesterday. First couple of days were quit rough (not uncommon for multi-level lumbar!) Some people really come around slowly and others have this turning point that makes all the difference in the world.

I stopped by the hospital last night and found her walking around on her own. She's still quite sore and has not walked too far yet, but the bad day of nausea post-op day 1 is fading into a distant memory as she can see the progress she's making. First night was tough too... I'll let her decide how much detail she wants to add later.

Katherine is one of 3 clients with me on this trip... since she's lumbar and the others are cervical, she's the last one to come around... I can finally breathe a bit after a very busy and stressful week here. I'll be around later today to catch up on some of the discussions here. Here are Mel and Teri... 6 days and 2 days post-op from 2 and 1-level cervical procedures. I'm 6.5 weeks out from my 4-level cervical and have not worn the collar since coming here... I just put it on for the photo op!

All is well... I look forward to coming home on Monday. I hope that this weekend, I'll meet Treefrog and Jess... It should be a great weekend in Straubing.

All the best,

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org