View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 06:26 PM

Default Surgeon and Circumstance

Hi Dale,

I have a herniation and annular tear in the L5S1. Over the last 4/5 years I have had over 10 epidurals, PT, Acupuncture, Chiropractic and lost about 30 lbs. No change. I basically have pain everyday that ranges from medium to severe. Quality of life sucks. My surgeon is Artur Pacult in Charleston, SC. While not well known on these boards, I have done a ton of research on Dr. Pacult and spoken to nurses, other physicians, physical therapists and former patients and the guy is meticulous. I seriously considered the German angle, but when all is said and done there just isn't anyone else I want doing the surgery. I have gotten discounts from Vascular, Anesthesiologist, Neurosurgeon and hospital and will end up paying a little more than $50,000. Maybe when all is said and done I can use the points on my credit card from paying this stuff to take my wife and two little ones (4 and 6) on a nice trip and introduce them to what their Dad was like before the pain. Time will tell. I am going under the knife Tuesday at 8:00AM. WISH ME LUCK!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
L5S1 Herniation and Annular tear
Over 10 epidurals,
DDD, 2 discograms (positive),
Countless attempts at conservative therapy.
Surgery date 5-26-09