View Single Post
Old 05-23-2009, 01:15 PM

Keano, I'm sorry you are going through so much. It is bad enough to have the initial pain, but to then still suffer after surgery that you though would help is even worse.

As to the annular tear, please have a look at dridobits' posts here. She has an annular tear too, and the results are what she calls a chemical burn, I think. I would have to go back and read it myself to be sure. She describes terrible pain from this too. Perhaps write to her and get some more details, and compare notes. She is very nice and great to talk to.

I have to agree with you, probably against the opinions of most others here, about being charged so much to just have the MRIs assessed. I think they are some of the few surgeons that do that. I know my experience with several other big name surgeons did not involve any money...they went over my images at no charge. The resulting four hour in person consult did cost, but that is different from the initial appraisal. But you have to play by their rules, I guess. We can chat more if you like, through a PM.

It is very difficult when funds are limited. Most of us are in that same boat unfortunately, at one level or another. But keep pushing to at least find the right decision for you, and then when you have a positive path, sometimes the rest falls into place easier. Sorry if I sound like I'm rambling...not a good morning.
All conventional therapy exhausted, including spinal injections, PT, massage, etc.
In appeal with Gov't Insurance for Out-of-country coverage for ADR hybrid surgery of above discs.
Recently discovered that I am severely allergic to all common metals used in surgical hardware except for Titanium.