View Single Post
Old 05-23-2009, 05:36 PM

Default your story sounds..

A bit like my own in terms of results post 2nd spine surgery (2nd discectomy, first on L5S1 and 2nd on L4).. I was pretty much bedridden with severe low back pain and also disabling burning pain in buttocks, quads, lower legs, feet.

My old life was destroyed and altho more surgery has been offered of varying types I chose pain meds to mask the pain and lumbar ESIs..

Not that this is a way of life as it's more a way of existing tho thankfully w/less pain but if there's the opportunity to see the best and there are options then weigh them carefully.

I have an anular tear at L3 on discography shows the disc is disrupted but non cordant for pain, L4 and L5S1 are concordant for pain on 2 discograms.

While waiting to make my surgical decision I gathered enough opinions that were more or less recommending the same surgery however I've prolonged this waiting process a bit much..

Take a bit more time if you're able to get additional opinions if more surgery is recommended and it's not emergent to have surgery would be my advice. If you're able to travel and pay for the surgery that seems the most optimal then that would be my choice (not saying I can do this just would be my preference).

Last edited by Maria; 05-23-2009 at 05:40 PM.