Thread: Insurance Forum
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 07:22 PM

Thank you Dale for your response. I am living in Byron, Illinois a very small community in the northern part of the state. I do have a lawyer, but he just keeps telling me to hang in there and not give up. I haven't given up, but it's hard to keep positive when everything seems to be falling down around me. I haven't been to my Dr. since they took my Workman's Comp and insurance away, but I have an appointment on the 1st of June and then another on the 2nd with a third Dr. who I have never been to before. The lawyer's are fronting the money for the 3rd Dr. but have not offered any for my meds and my daily living expense. Both of the Dr.'s I have been to that I and my lawyer picked out have agreed with us that I am injured and need surgery, the second Dr., Dr. Sweeney informed me that I am worse off than was origianlly diagnosed. The lawyer said that it will take time to prepare my case. Time that I am afraid will take to long. I thought that by now I would have had my surgery and be on the mend, but after reading some post on this site, I now know that all of us do not have an easy road to follow. I am so outraged that I want to find a way of exposing these Dr.'s that sell themselves to the highest bidder, to warn others to refuse to even set foot in their office. If that is at all possible. But I am an uneducated middle age lady and I don't know where to start and where to find the research material I would need.
And this is America, how can this happen? We pay for insurance to protect us when we need it, and all they do is refuse, and get richer. And the companies that don't even pay a livable wage, who work us like dogs, then spit us out after we are broken. This should also be against the law. Who is out there protecting the crumbling lower middle class, what is left of us?? Our nation runs off of our hard work and labor, but when we are in need, we are thrown away like garbage.
Does anyone have any suggestions on where to start looking for these answers??
Thank you for taking the time to read my post.