Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > Community Support - NSR
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Support - NSR Discuss A Great Day For America in the Main forums forums; No matter how you voted, today is a great day for America. I am hopeful that, as a nation, we ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2009, 05:39 PM

Default A Great Day For America

No matter how you voted, today is a great day for America.

I am hopeful that, as a nation, we go back to; "We The People................" instead of; "We The Corporations........................"

I had tears in my eyes, when I voted this year as, it was the first time I have felt pride in who I voted for in a long time.

I also hope that we can go back to Americans instead of Republicans and Democrats. The divisiveness of the parties, in the last several years, has been very hurtful to America and Americans.

I hope that we can go back to the fact that, people matter, most of all.

May we all unite and find strength in each other and our leaders. May we realize that greed is truly evil and that we have to go back to being a spiritual people. Spirituality is what binds us and connects us as human beings. It is the interconnectedness of all people to the world we live in.

I am hopeful that we develop a sense of humility, instead of arrogance, and realize that, "United We Stand, Divided We Fall" (Fail).

God Bless America.

Terry Newton
1994 ruptured C6-C7
1995 Hemi-Laminectomy C5-C6, C6-C7 Mayo Clinic
Bicycle Accident 2004
MRI, EMG, Facet Injections, Epidural Blocks, Lumbar Discogram.
Stenum Hospital Surgery November 4, 2006
Prestige Disc C5-C6, C6-C7
Maverick Disc S1-L5, L4-L5
Old 01-20-2009, 06:04 PM

Thumbs up

very well said terry
facet block neg
lost all appeals BCBS 5 months of that
3 surgeons later
surgery with dr. bertagnoli aug 2nd 2006 in Bogen Germany Successfully ProDisc-L L-4 L-5
Old 01-20-2009, 07:41 PM

Terry, as always, very well said. I can't believe we have a terrorist as the POTUS. [/sarcasm]

God Bless America!
Laminotomy L4/L5 (3.7.97--17 years old)
1999 & 2003 MVA (not at fault both times)
Grade V Tears L4/L5 & L5/L6
2-Level ProDisc® L4/L5 & L5/L6* *lumbosacral transitional vertebra (11.15.03--23 years old)
Dr. Rudolf Bertagnoli -- dr-bertagnoli.com
Pain-free for the last 4.5 yrs.
5.14.09 DSS with Dr. B.
I'm here to help. Only checking PMs currently.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:47 PM
Administrator

I've always been pretty cynical, but have sometimes been surprised by a deep emotional response I did not expect. I remember seeing the Vietnam Veteran's Memorial for the first time... walking up to it, thinking about the controversy surrounding it's design. I was not ready for how moving an experience it would be. It's so very powerful.

I stayed home today to watch the inauguration and was not expecting to be moved to tears by it. There were not any specific words or performances that set me off... it's just that big a deal. It's hard to imagine that it's not all that long ago when this would have been unthinkable.

Invited to the inauguration today were the surviving Tuskegee Airmen. Against all odds, they saw combat in WWII and had a record of service that is beyond amazing. When the war ended, in Europe, they were treated as heroes. When they returned to the US, at the bottom of the ramps leaving the boats they were greeted by signs that said, whites this way, coloreds over there.

Whatever your polital persuasions... I hope you can agree that this is a momentous occasion. Yes, Terry.... a great day for America!

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org

Last edited by mmglobal; 01-20-2009 at 10:09 PM.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:51 PM

Send a message via AIM to Nairek
Default Missed It

Terry,

I missed the inauguration since I was in surgery. When I went under, Bush was still president. When I woke up, Obama was president.

Needless to say, it feels really weird like I was asleep for years & missed something.

Perhaps if my body will allow it, I'll look on YouTube to see if I can view the inauguration.

Karin
Disc Bulge C4/C5, Disc Degeneration T11/T12, Bi-Lateral tears L5/S1, Diagnosed w/ Lumbar Disc Derangement w/ Radiculopaphy. Treatment: IDET, Percutaneous Discectomy, SI Joint Injection, Facet Block. All failed. Empire BC/BS Denied Coverage for ADR-lost all of my appeals. MVP also denied coverage.

Anterior/Posterior Fusion L5/S1 -1/20/09
Old 01-30-2009, 10:18 AM

I'm cynical as there do not seem to be intense oversight provisions - in terms of having banks lend, etc. There's so many loopholes it's like trying to plug an exploding dike.

Not that anyone asked. Extremely optimistic this early am.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:06 PM

What about all the financial institutions getting millions and billions in bailout funds, only to offer multi-million dollar bonuses to their officers?

It took shaming the auto makers into giving up their private planes, and again, just yesterday, a bank that received bailout funds was shamed into not taking possession of a previously ordered private plane.

We're paying for frivolous lifestyles while others are losing their jobs and homes!

My anger and frustration are as deep as my hope. My shame of those whose greed taints all of America is catching up fast.
Old 01-30-2009, 08:39 PM

Default Usa

dshobbies,

Well said!!! Time for all of us to micro-manage the USA!

Lets hope, and pray it's under control soon.....

Todd

Surgery 10-19-07 ( L4-L5 Maverick disc )

For my true life story ...

go to -----> www.youtube.com

print -----> ADR surgery into the space bar

or ... http://www.maverick-disc.blogspot.com (my picture & movie updates)
Old 01-31-2009, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dshobbies View Post
What about all the financial institutions getting millions and billions in bailout funds, only to offer multi-million dollar bonuses to their officers?

It took shaming the auto makers into giving up their private planes, and again, just yesterday, a bank that received bailout funds was shamed into not taking possession of a previously ordered private plane.

We're paying for frivolous lifestyles while others are losing their jobs and homes!

My anger and frustration are as deep as my hope. My shame of those whose greed taints all of America is catching up fast.
I know what you are saying as, this is wrong on so many levels. People are struggling to get food and these jerks are wondering if their bonus is going to be as much as last years.

Next Thursday we are giving out a free day of services. It's called; "Project Connect" and it is a way to get people the services they need without any red tape. We are giving out free hair cuts, income tax preparation, gas cards, bags of food, health screening, dental work, vision checks, audiological services, copying, counseling, etc. Last year we planned on helping 150 people and 400 showed up. This year we are planning for 600 people and, hope no more show up or, we'll be overwhelmed.

All I can say is that we as Americans need to help out our fellow man now. It's hasn't ever been up to Big Government to bail us out. I am a Rotarian and sit on many different grass roots community initiatives. All I can say is that, I hope everyone here searches their own heart, and helps out in any way they can, to get us through this. The only way we are going to survive as a people is by what we do for our fellow person.

Please go make a difference instead of giving in to cynicism.

Terry Newton
1994 ruptured C6-C7
1995 Hemi-Laminectomy C5-C6, C6-C7 Mayo Clinic
Bicycle Accident 2004
MRI, EMG, Facet Injections, Epidural Blocks, Lumbar Discogram.
Stenum Hospital Surgery November 4, 2006
Prestige Disc C5-C6, C6-C7
Maverick Disc S1-L5, L4-L5
Old 01-31-2009, 04:56 PM

Terry,

We need more Project Connects... my hat is off to you and all of the volunteers for making this possible. At the end of the day, we are all the same in the eyes of God and we should care for one another regardless of need, education, sexual orientation, age, weight, sex, disability, etc.

God bless efforts like this! It makes me smile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Allen Blackburn View Post
I know what you are saying as, this is wrong on so many levels. People are struggling to get food and these jerks are wondering if their bonus is going to be as much as last years.

Next Thursday we are giving out a free day of services. It's called; "Project Connect" and it is a way to get people the services they need without any red tape. We are giving out free hair cuts, income tax preparation, gas cards, bags of food, health screening, dental work, vision checks, audiological services, copying, counseling, etc. Last year we planned on helping 150 people and 400 showed up. This year we are planning for 600 people and, hope no more show up or, we'll be overwhelmed.

All I can say is that we as Americans need to help out our fellow man now. It's hasn't ever been up to Big Government to bail us out. I am a Rotarian and sit on many different grass roots community initiatives. All I can say is that, I hope everyone here searches their own heart, and helps out in any way they can, to get us through this. The only way we are going to survive as a people is by what we do for our fellow person.

Please go make a difference instead of giving in to cynicism.

Terry Newton
Laminotomy L4/L5 (3.7.97--17 years old)
1999 & 2003 MVA (not at fault both times)
Grade V Tears L4/L5 & L5/L6
2-Level ProDisc® L4/L5 & L5/L6* *lumbosacral transitional vertebra (11.15.03--23 years old)
Dr. Rudolf Bertagnoli -- dr-bertagnoli.com
Pain-free for the last 4.5 yrs.
5.14.09 DSS with Dr. B.
I'm here to help. Only checking PMs currently.
Old 01-31-2009, 05:01 PM

Default Usa

Terry,

Project connect sounds like a great plan!! Your right on so many levels.....

I'm proud to know you!

PS. they just found stem cells in teeth... cool

Todd

Surgery 10-19-07 ( L4-L5 Maverick disc )

For my true life story ...

go to -----> www.youtube.com

print -----> ADR surgery into the space bar

or ... http://www.maverick-disc.blogspot.com (my picture & movie updates)