Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > Community Support - NSR
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Support - NSR Discuss Total eclipse of the sun in about 15 minutes in the Main forums forums; It is awesome already. I am looking BRIEFLY through the dark part of an xray... very viewable. Not sure if ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2012, 01:16 AM
Administrator

Default Total eclipse of the sun in about 15 minutes

It is awesome already. I am looking BRIEFLY through the dark part of an xray... very viewable. Not sure if it's safe... that's why I say BRIEFLY.

How common is a total eclipse with a ring of fire?

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org
Old 05-23-2012, 12:06 PM

Thumbs up your right it was awesome

I had the pleasure of being on a hilltop way above Sunset blvd at a pool party, it was an incredible sight, surrounded by my neices and nephews and cousins, we took 2 sheets of white paper, with our back to the sun we punched a hole in the front sheet of paper with a BBQ skewer, held a sheet of paper directly behind the round hole, the sun was projected on the back sheet, while the moon was the shadow and we watched the whole event, it was an incredible sight and the kids learned a valuable science lesson, we were away from the sounds of the city with the sounds of the birds and other animals all day long until the eclipse, then everything got erie quiet until the event was over.
not sure x-rays were a good thing or not, i heard stories of people using 3 pairs of sunglasses, and welding glasses, so you are probably safe
After a botched spinal tap where my L4/L5 disc exploded i underwent a laminectomy in 1979, and ran from spinal surgery ever since, then in 2002 i met DrDelamarter in Santa Monica- and my life as i knew it changed dramatically, I consider myself the "ProdiscPosterBoy" I am in the US Trials and one of the first in California to recieve 2 Lumbar Prodiscs, nomorepain-nomoremeds
Old 07-12-2014, 04:53 AM

Default Super moon

Tonight and tomorrow we have a super moon. So bright..it had a huge ring around it.
Hard to capture with a cell phone camera.