Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > Community Support - NSR
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Community Support - NSR Discuss Finished MBA - Finally!!! in the Main forums forums; My last day of class was this past Thursday. It doesn't feel like it though. I keep thinking - hummmm - ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2007, 07:39 PM

Post Finished MBA - Finally!!!

My last day of class was this past Thursday. It doesn't feel like it though. I keep thinking - hummmm - what do I need to read for next week? What homework is due? - etc.....

Graduation cermonies will be August 11th.

I have accepted a management position in a different hospital. It is still a small hospital on a medical surgical unit. Though, I am not sure how much I'll like it. It will be good experience for now and will help to catch up on some accumulated debt. After being injured as a nurse, it is still difficult to continue on in this profession. I think because the way the economy has been, there isn't much opportunity for me to cross over into the insurance industry or other industries (at least not around here)... So, I will have to settle for something in health care for now. I hope there is not a lot of bedside nursing involved - my back will not tolerate it.....So we will see....

In the meantime, I'll just try to learn as much as possible in this position and try to be optomistic.....Of course enjoy a seafood diner and a little bit of white wine now and then.

Thought I would share a little bit of good news.

Sending pain free vibes.

Take care,
Poncho
Old 07-01-2007, 08:13 PM

good deal poncho
congrats are in order.
chuck
facet block neg
lost all appeals BCBS 5 months of that
3 surgeons later
surgery with dr. bertagnoli aug 2nd 2006 in Bogen Germany Successfully ProDisc-L L-4 L-5
Old 07-01-2007, 11:27 PM

Congratulations! And best of luck in your new job!
Old 07-02-2007, 04:35 AM
Administrator

Way to go Sue... It seems like ages ago that you and Don were here in Huntington Beach to meet Dr. Bertagnoli.... I think it's 4 years in October???

What a great accomplishment.... a job well done! Good luck in your new career.

Talk to you soon... all the best,

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org
Old 07-02-2007, 05:41 PM

What an achievement. My heartiest congratulations.

Way to go!

Dale
Old 07-04-2007, 04:36 PM

Thank-you for the congrats. I really appreciate it.

Mark, you are right, it will be 4 years ago that we met with Dr. B in California.

It does seem like ages ago on one hand - yet on the other, time has flown by.

I certainly hope to get back to California soon and visit everyone there. My husband and I just loved it there.

Time to catch up on my policies and procedures for this new position.....

I hope that everyone is able to get out and enjoy a little bit of the 4th today and have a "holiday" away from the every day pain.
Old 07-04-2007, 06:04 PM

Congratulations - especially on using your new degree to build w/your years of experience (smart!). Best of luck - Allan
Old 07-20-2007, 04:22 AM

Congratulations Poncho!
I understand about the staying in nursing thing. If I managed to go back to school and get a Masters.....nursing is not where I would want to be! However the good things I can say about nursing is we can always find a job. That is a good thing and a bad thing because I have worked with some that just shouldn't still be employed as nurses. I have been unemployed for about 3 years now due to my back and I am so far behind things it will be like starting over if I ever get cured of this back nightmare! I don't know what scares me more, never getting better or getting better and going back to a med/surg/tele unit! The money is so good though...I do miss that.
Good luck to you and may you guard your back as if it is the only one you'll ever have because IT IS!
Old 07-20-2007, 04:52 AM
Administrator

Diane and I both finished school in 1981. I got my degree in computer science and she received her RN. She worked for 2 years until our son was born in 1983. Diane was a stay at home mom for 18 years. I worked at a very successful consulting career up until the time of my first surgery. We thought that I'd be out for 2 or 3 weeks, then back to the cushy work-at-home-and-be-soccer-coach-indian-guide-chief-dad career. When the months went by and I was still disabled it became clear that I was not going to be able to work... she started hitting the books. I never knew how scared she was to return to nursing after 18 years off until she spoke at my 2005 event. Watching her study and then getting back into nursing made me truly appreciate how amazing what you do is. Nurses ROCK!

I got to reinvent myself and what a wild ride it's been. As Diane considers what she may do after her surgery... the prospect of inventing her own third career is very cool. I can't wait to see where this leads.

Poncho... please give us an update... how's the new job going. I hope to hear great news.

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org