Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > Community Support - NSR
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Support - NSR Discuss Alternative pain management - Hypnosis? in the Main forums forums; Downstairs from the GPN office is a business called Positive Changes. They are teachers of behaviour modification via hypnosis. More ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2006, 04:24 PM
Administrator

Default Alternative pain management - Hypnosis?

Downstairs from the GPN office is a business called Positive Changes. They are teachers of behaviour modification via hypnosis. More common uses are weight loss, stopping smoking, improving work habits, self-esteem and even golf. I have been speaking to some of the hypnotists about pain management and they do have some clients that use it to help with pain management.

I'm learning more and more about how much of a component depression, anxiety and defeated coping mechanisms play in our disability. For some it's a huge component and getting help with that aspect of their disability will greatly improve their lives.

I looked through some of the patient stories on the positive changes website and did find a couple who used it for pain management. (Shirley Young, Kerry Spaedy)

I look forward to learning more about alternative pain management. I've had many clients who've experienced great success with a variety of programs. While these techniques may not be for everyone... for those who do find relief, it's magic. Whatever works.

Mark