Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > Insurance Issues
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Insurance Issues Discuss The moment of truth in the Main forums forums; Today the impossible happened. I was approved for three-level adr-fusion-adr hybrid surgery. The fusion element was added ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2010, 12:11 AM

Exclamation The moment of truth

Today the impossible happened. I was approved for three-level adr-fusion-adr hybrid surgery. The fusion element was added to the mixed only very recently. Problem is that after thinking about it I do not want the fusion. I'd rather have 3 discs. Yes I know that sounds terribly spoiled. But is it delusional? Was I approved because of the fusion component? Will I risk it all by asking the surgeon to resubmit the request as an all adr operation? Is it a better strategy to request two-level adr then go back for the third later on?
I actually don't have much time to work it out becasue my insurance runs out in three weeks!!!! I desperately need to consult with someone that can give me some advice. I've been waiting for this for two years and I don't want to screw it up or to end up with the very surgery I've waited this long in order to avoid. Aaaahhhh!

Frank
fgarcia0007@gmail.com
Old 08-17-2010, 07:50 PM
Administrator

Frank, congrats on your approval!

The questions you ask are not "all or nothing". It may be possible that you are not a candidate for ADR at one or more levels. It may be that the configuration of the ADR/fusion levels is actually something that you would care little about.

Is it looking like an anterior-only surgery or will it be front AND back surgeries. This may make a big difference for you.

I'd be interested to learn more about your case. Contact me off the forum if you'd like to discuss the intricate details.

Whatever you decide... all the best.

Mark

PS... That really is big news about your approval!!!!
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org
Old 02-11-2016, 11:19 AM

Question Dr. Thomas Bierstedt

Hi. I was just wondering if you have heard good reviews about Dr. Thomas Bierstedt in Germany? I am a candidate for an ADR for c5-6 & c6-7
Thank you for any input you might offer.
Old 02-15-2016, 03:27 PM

Default re Dr. Thomas Bierstedt

Hi Mandy,
Welcome to the forum and sorry you need to be here tho hopefully someone that can answer your question might be able to respond.

I think if you post this in the ispine forum section you might have a better chance of it being answered (possibly).

You could also try contacting mmglobal (Mark Mintzer) who could likely be of assistance with some answers. That would be my best advice.

Wishing you the best in your spine endeavor and please keep us posted if you are so inclined on how things are going for you.

take care! Maria