Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > Insurance Issues
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Insurance Issues Discuss The moment of truth in the Main forums forums; Today the impossible happened. I was approved for three-level adr-fusion-adr hybrid surgery. The fusion element was added ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-17-2010, 12:11 AM

Exclamation The moment of truth

Today the impossible happened. I was approved for three-level adr-fusion-adr hybrid surgery. The fusion element was added to the mixed only very recently. Problem is that after thinking about it I do not want the fusion. I'd rather have 3 discs. Yes I know that sounds terribly spoiled. But is it delusional? Was I approved because of the fusion component? Will I risk it all by asking the surgeon to resubmit the request as an all adr operation? Is it a better strategy to request two-level adr then go back for the third later on?
I actually don't have much time to work it out becasue my insurance runs out in three weeks!!!! I desperately need to consult with someone that can give me some advice. I've been waiting for this for two years and I don't want to screw it up or to end up with the very surgery I've waited this long in order to avoid. Aaaahhhh!

Frank
fgarcia0007@gmail.com