Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Happy Rebirth Day to US! - 6 years today! in the Main forums forums; From: Mark S. Mintzer Sent: Sunday, September 21, 2008 1:35 AM To: Dr. Zeegers Copy to: Cindy W Subject: ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2008, 01:15 AM
Administrator

Default Happy Rebirth Day to US! - 6 years today!

Sent: Sunday, September 21, 2008 1:35 AM
To: Dr. Zeegers
Copy to: Cindy W

Subject: Happy Ribirth Day to US!

Dear Willem,

It's still Saturday in the US... still the 20th of September. 6 years ago today, you were torturing me with your back and forth and back and forth and back and forth discography. I retaliated by beating up your anesthesia nurse when I woke up after my surgery.

6 years ago today, I remember passing out from the pain and waking up with my face on the bathroom floor.

6 years ago yesterday, Diane and I met Cindy and Ed W as Cindy had surgery the same day as me. While we haven't seen them since, we are still bonded by our common experience and remain friends for life.

I remember wondering why Cindy was doing so well in the days post-op while I was threatening to throw a nurse out the window. I remember in the months to follow, when Cindy was doing so poorly as I was playing tennis, skiing and generally doing so well. None of this matters as we both have had such wonderful long-term success and both live full and normal lives now.

I spoke to Cindy this evening. She is doing great! 6 years ago, we spoke about the need for her to come back to life so she and Ed could have children. See their blog at Double Lucky. They are the proud parents of beautiful twin girls.

Cindy asked that the next time I see you, I should tell you how well she's doing and how much she appreciates what you have done for her and her family. I thought I'd take this occasion to say that for the both of us.

Words cannot convey what it's like to have been so severely disabled. Even more difficult would be to convey what it's like to come back to life after such an ordeal. I know that you have thousands of Mark and Cindy's, and can only imagine how rewarding it must be. You gave us our lives back. You gave Diane her husband back; you gave my kids their father back; you gave my parents their son back. The same is true for Cindy, Ed and their families.

Thank you so much!

Mark... for Mark, Cindy, Ed, Diane, Sammi, Nicki, Zoey, Susan, Jason, Lauren...

PS... Williem, I think you've seen this picture already, but for Cindy and Ed..... from a proud "Papa"
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org

Last edited by mmglobal; 09-21-2008 at 08:35 PM.