Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Balancing Exercise and Increased Pain in the Main forums forums; Hi- I am a newbie on this forum and am exploring my surgical options for my cervical pain problem. I ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2010, 12:36 PM

Default Balancing Exercise and Increased Pain

Hi-

I am a newbie on this forum and am exploring my surgical options for my cervical pain problem.

I have not been getting any real exercise other than gently riding a stationary bike and around the block slow walks since exercise makes my neck related pain go up.

My problems are C7-C3 root nerve compression and some slight cord compression. I am currently waiting to see if I am a ADR candidate with Dr B in Germany.

I want to keep my lower back in shape so I do not lose all my core strength.

Does anyone have low impact exercise that does not make their neck pain go up?

Chris

2001 C6-C7 Discectomy
2001 C6-C7 ACDF
2002 C5-6 Posterior Foraminectomy
2002-Nov 2009 PAIN-Free
Epidural injections/Facet Injections/Stretching
Looking at ADR options with Dr. B.

Last edited by Chris G; 03-11-2010 at 12:55 PM.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:20 PM

Default re cervical prob

This is just band aide therapy tho I'm wondering if you've tried an injection of 60mg of Toradol IM for muscle spasms just to see if there's any pain alleviation "if" there is muscle spasm involved?

I've a small disc bulge at C 5/6 tho sometimes my neck "goes out" and I can even move my head at all except to move my eyes as the spasms are so bad and this has really come in handy to break up a pain cycle.

I realize it sounds like what you have is more complicated tho I just wondered if you've tried this and/or if has or would help. When my neck is bothersome I often have to switch activities or adjust them down to get over a flare up tho it's the T-injec that really helps with bad spasms for me (no cord compression).

Walking my 18 lb miniture schnauzer that tries to break away and chase squirrels even while on a leash is what usually sets my neck off. I'd like to be able to do some upper body weight training tho every time I do this sets off my neck spasms so I've thought about Aquatic work outs tho just cannot force myself into a pool until it warms up a bit here consistantly.

Good luck.. I hate it when my neck hurts so badly I feel every step when I walk (how my low back used to be when it was really bad).

Last edited by Maria; 03-11-2010 at 01:32 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:31 PM

Default welcome

Hi Chris and welcome to the forum. I don't have cervical issues...recently had a spinal fusion am doing very very easy core exercises I could try to scan them for you if you want to look at them. They are very easy and might help but again I don't have any cervical but none of them seem like they would hurt. I see your near Boston which is one of the most amazing places to be in terms of medical help.

I saw some different exercises posted on U-tube. Have you looked there? Here is something I just pulled up but I cannot vouch for it. It looked interesting.

Cervical Exercises on RightHealth

Anyway just thought I would welcome you here.

Dancing accident in 96. tried PT, acupuncture, pilates, pain mgmt. nothing worked. Epidurals, facet blocks, caudal blocks, discogram. Opiates for ten years, oral prednisone, toradol inj. & more.

Two level spinal fusion with BMS, cages, hardware. due to bone density problems from chemotherapy, they had to go in front and back. Surgery Nov. 6, 2010. So far no regrets.