Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Questions for Mark - or anyone else who might know the answers in the Main forums forums; All right, so I have a few questions here, for Mark or anyone who has some answers. 1) How many ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-29-2009, 06:01 PM

Default Questions for Mark - or anyone else who might know the answers

All right, so I have a few questions here, for Mark or anyone who has some answers.

1) How many TDR surgeries should a surgeon have done in his career (per year), to be considered qualified enough to be considered "expert" and a surgeon that I should feel safe with?

2) Are there surgeons in the US who are considered "expert" in multi-level lumbar TDR surgery, whom I could go to for a consult? Who are they, how do I contact them?

3) Are there US surgeons who do multi-level lumbar TDR surgery? Who? (I guess the question here is cost?)

4) I haven't found any clinical trials in the US for 2-level lumbar TDR, are there any? Are there any elsewhere in the world, that I should consider?

5) As far as images of x-rays/mri/etc, what format should I ask for them in, so that I can easily send them for consultations (or for setting up a profile on GPN)?

6) If I decide to have surgery someplace outside of the US, what kind of protections do US patients have in case something goes wrong (like leaving a sponge inside, that kind of thing), or are there any?

Those are all I can think of right now. Thanks in advance. I appreciate any help I can get.

46 years old. 12-15 years of intermittent pain, 2 years with constant pain.

DDD, L4-5 and L5-S1, pain confirmed by discogram.
PT, ESI's, Facet injection and block, Acupuncture - all no help.

2-level (Prodisc-L) ADR surgery with Dr. Bertagnoli, May 26, 2009.

Currently taking Opana-ER (tapering off) and oxycodone