ISPINE.ORG Forum

ISPINE.ORG Forum (http://www.ispine.org/forum/)
-   iSpine (http://www.ispine.org/forum/ispine/)
-   -   I'm IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (http://www.ispine.org/forum/ispine/1277-im.html)

Kathy 02-01-2009 02:46 AM

I'm IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am in the Activ-L clinical trial. :) I just got home from Florida today, would've posted sooner; but the internet at the hotel was horribly slow. I saw Dr. Garcia on Thursday and he said I was a great canidate for the trial. I found out that he and Dr. Yue are the inventors of the Activ-L disc. I really feel comfortable with him, he answered all my questions, and spent an hour just talking to me. I then did the trial paperwork and am accepted! The only thing I have to do is bloodwork the day before surgery, a chest x-ray and meet with him again to discuss any questions or concerns I may have. I then will have surgery on March 17, 2009! I am excited and nervous all at the same time; but more than those two, I am sick and tired of hurting 24/7. I can't wait to be on the other side with the rest of you! I'm so ready for the next chapter of my life to begin! Thanks for all the thoughts, prayers and encouragement!

Mark- I didn't even read your post to tell him hello until I after I had already seen him. Funny thing is, I was telling him that I have been researching ADR and understand that the goal is great outcome; but that I also understand that this is not always the case. To explain how I 'knew' all these ADR patients, I told him about how I was on this board and had been on the "other board" I then was telling him about how it came about and you (not knowing you knew each other). I then mentioned your name and he told me he knew you and had great things to say about you.
Goes to show it is a small world after all.

Kathy

ImpOssibleOne 02-01-2009 03:01 AM

YeeeeeHaw!!!

FANTASTIC!! Good work, girlfriend! I'm sure you'll get the best of care and enjoy a great outcome.

Adrienne

steve55 02-01-2009 04:48 AM

Great News Kathy! :)

Im sure you will get better. So far it seems to me that no matter which discs they use, most people seem to have significant improvement if not 100% better. Im sure this disc will do its job just like all the others.

Based on peoples stories, I too am terrified of fusion. ADR is the only way to go.

Good luck!

phylly 02-01-2009 06:23 AM

Congratualtions Kathy,
That took a long time but you did it. Determination pays off! I hope you get a great result.
Phylly

Justin 02-01-2009 01:53 PM

Kathy,

This is GREAT news! Congrats!!! :D

Cindylou 02-01-2009 02:43 PM

Kathy,

Congratulations to you! I just had a good feeling about this one. Your persistence has certainly paid off. March 17th will be here before you know it. I'm right behind you with my hip replacement March 20th. We are all rooting for you!

Cindylou

Roblin 02-01-2009 03:13 PM

Kathy,
Congratulations on your surgery date. I hope and pray this will be the answer you've been looking for and you get relief from your 24/7 pain. Best wishes!
Linda

dshobbies 02-01-2009 04:47 PM

Kathy,

I'm absolutely thrilled for you! Your determination in going to Florida was the right move. 1 1/2 months isn't that long to wait either. Congrats:D

Dale

treefrog 02-01-2009 05:26 PM

What wonderful news Kathy!! I'm sure you will have the best care, and hope you will be pain free soon.

Gil Denis 02-01-2009 10:33 PM

yahooo!

Hi Kbear:D
Good things happen to good people but great things come to great people.
congratulations Kathy
Gil:)

trkdoc714 02-01-2009 11:44 PM

That's great news Kathy! I'm glad it's worked out for you the way it has.

Do you think you'll get a green Activ-L since it's St. Patrick's Day?

Bob

mmglobal 02-02-2009 04:07 AM

Kathy,

Great news about getting into the trial. It's been a tough road getting there. Congrats!

Take a look at the photo below. See the clock in the background? It's almost 1am. Diane and I were at the conference at 8 that morning and she was still going strong 16 hours later. We left the party and went for a walk on the beach. Why is any of this important? You can't see it, but Diane is wearing a back brace under her dress. She's 5 weeks post-op from her 2-level lumbar ADR. For most of us heading into ADR surgery, it's hard to imagine being able to smile and enjoy ourselves 18 hours into a day of sitting and standing (especially just a few weeks out!)

I look forward to hearing of your success. Next time you see him, give Dr. Garcia my regards.

All the best,

Mark

Diane Mintzer (Mrs. mmglobal), John Viscogliosi, Dr. Garcia's lovely wife, mmglobal (me), Rolando Garcia
http://globalpatientnetwork.com/misc/rolando.jpg

Kathy 02-02-2009 04:31 AM

Thanks

Thanks everyone for all the encouraging words. I know it won't be long and I will finally be on the other side! Can't wait to be on the road to recovery. In 2 weeks, we leave for a cruise to the Bahamas for a week. Then, it's my birthday in March, then surgery. So, I know it will fly by.

You guys are great, Thank You for being there for me when I needed you, and in the future when I come calling again. :)

Cindy-We can burn our computers and TV's up together during our 'joint' recoveries. Glad I will have a pal going through it with me (not glad you need another surgery; but glad we will both be on the way to wellness)

Mark-That is so cool that you know my doc. Thanks for posting the pic, now I can show my hubby, so he has an idea of who will be cutting on his wife. I really appreciate all you do for this community and only wish I had found it sooner. Thank you

runner 02-02-2009 09:17 PM

Kathy,

Congratulations. Hey, you did it, you didn't give up. Rest up and get ready for what is ahead of you. The time will fly.

Runner