Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Hotels between Watertown NY & NYC? in the Main forums forums; That take dogs? Comfort Inn springs to mind. Anyone travel enough to know what hotels are out there (with very ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2009, 06:03 AM

Default Hotels between Watertown NY & NYC?

That take dogs? Comfort Inn springs to mind. Anyone travel enough to know what hotels are out there (with very good beds ) within an hour or two of Dr.Bitan's clinic in the northeast end of the Big Apple? With a decent rate too, of course

On what main route and what the name is? Thaks. We have to leave Sunday morning.
All conventional therapy exhausted, including spinal injections, PT, massage, etc.
In appeal with Gov't Insurance for Out-of-country coverage for ADR hybrid surgery of above discs.
Recently discovered that I am severely allergic to all common metals used in surgical hardware except for Titanium.
Old 04-04-2009, 06:09 PM

Hi Katie,

I understand about the furry family members.

I would suggest staying at a place in Jersey City...it's a rocks throw away from NYC.

This website is pretty good: Official Pet Hotels

I did a quick search and it pulled this up: Candlewood Suites Jersey City Exchange Place from $99 a night, which beats NYC by a couple hundred dollars a night.

If you scroll down the page in the link above it also lists hotels close to Jersey City (including Newark, Secaucus, etc NJ).

Good luck...
Laminotomy L4/L5 (3.7.97--17 years old)
1999 & 2003 MVA (not at fault both times)
Grade V Tears L4/L5 & L5/L6
2-Level ProDisc® L4/L5 & L5/L6* *lumbosacral transitional vertebra (11.15.03--23 years old)
Dr. Rudolf Bertagnoli -- dr-bertagnoli.com
Pain-free for the last 4.5 yrs.
5.14.09 DSS with Dr. B.
I'm here to help. Only checking PMs currently.

Last edited by Justin; 04-05-2009 at 03:43 AM.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:18 PM

Thanks so much! My husband and I will spend the evening making reservations, etc. My daughter just moved up from CT, and said that Super 8s didn't mind their Great Dane at all, so I'll check them out also. I just got in the door, and have a lot to do before tomorrow morning.

You guys are such a great help. I wish I could repay you all some how.

I'll keep you posted on my progress.
All conventional therapy exhausted, including spinal injections, PT, massage, etc.
In appeal with Gov't Insurance for Out-of-country coverage for ADR hybrid surgery of above discs.
Recently discovered that I am severely allergic to all common metals used in surgical hardware except for Titanium.
Old 04-05-2009, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie View Post
Thanks so much! My husband and I will spend the evening making reservations, etc. My daughter just moved up from CT, and said that Super 8s didn't mind their Great Dane at all, so I'll check them out also. I just got in the door, and have a lot to do before tomorrow morning.

You guys are such a great help. I wish I could repay you all some how.

I'll keep you posted on my progress.
No problem...I was going to suggest Super 8, as I stayed at one once when I was making my move out to Philly with my cats and dogs. It was relatively cheap, but the place was incredibly dirty--I didn't want to suggest it because if you stayed in a room similar to the one I had, you would have made a special trip to Philly just to give me a piece of your mind.

Good luck with Dr. Bitan and do keep us posted, as we do care.
Laminotomy L4/L5 (3.7.97--17 years old)
1999 & 2003 MVA (not at fault both times)
Grade V Tears L4/L5 & L5/L6
2-Level ProDisc® L4/L5 & L5/L6* *lumbosacral transitional vertebra (11.15.03--23 years old)
Dr. Rudolf Bertagnoli -- dr-bertagnoli.com
Pain-free for the last 4.5 yrs.
5.14.09 DSS with Dr. B.
I'm here to help. Only checking PMs currently.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:49 AM

Thanks Dr. J,

We booked the hotel you suggested. It originally seemed that they would charge an extra $90 for our pooch, but it turns out to be a security deposit in case he chews the mattress apart or something

So off we go fairly soon. Hear Husband figures that the 8 hr drive should take us about 10, with all the pit stops ...that's got nothing to do with me personally, of course!

Thanks again, and yes, I will probably post from the hotel, as it has free internet hookup.

Toodles.