Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

iSpine Discuss Hi Mark and all! in the Main forums forums; Hi there, Mark. Thanks for sending the invite to your forum. It is great to see all of the work ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2006, 09:03 PM

Default Hi Mark and all!

Hi there, Mark. Thanks for sending the invite to your forum. It is great to see all of the work you continue to do for the spiney community. I am also happy that you continue to be a success story.

I wrote once and lost the post...GRRRR...so I will write more later. I hope that your event with Dr. Zeegers was a success!

I look forward to meeting all of the other members here!

Love,
Shelley
Old 11-28-2006, 12:48 PM

Default Update...

Hi again!!!

I just wanted to post a short update on my condition. I guess I really don't belong here as I saw a WONDERFUL doc in Omaha (the only spine-only center in the area) who was young, a spiney himself and had done his Fellowship at TBI, making him aware of the new technologies available in the US. His dx was that I am NOT a candidate for ADR as: my disc space at L5 S-1 is too narrowed, and my facet joints are degenerated at all 3 affected levels beyond the point of it being a viable alternative. So, having him advise against a 3 level fusion (and refusing) I will let the chips fall where they may...hoping that auto fusion leaves me in good shape, with no more added pathology.

The good news is that after putting up with 3 years of hoop jumping and abuse by a narco-phobic PM doc and her incompetent, uncaring staff I have landed with 2 top notch PM docs who keep me comfortable. One is my PCP (go figure) and he is great! I also consult with a PM doc in Omaha semi-annually or so also. So even though I am not wild about the prospects of being on meds the rest of my life, at least the process is easy and painless. (no pun)

I did land the job of my dreams in April, but after a political sabotage in late September I found myself unemployed. At least I know I can work now...and I am pursuing other opportunities. That is worth SO MUCH to me!

Again, thanks for the invite and the link. I don't know what I can do to help here, but I will certainly give it my best and enjoy the hearing all of the success stories! Keep up the GREAT work. You (Mark) are a shining star for all of us. Congrats too on your expansion of the business!

Have a great day all!

Love,
Shelley
Old 12-04-2006, 04:51 PM
Administrator

Wow, Shelley... long time, no see!

Last week, I was explaining to someone how I got to be so skeptical about the info that I received from the medical and patient communities. It's a story that I've told a hundred times. You were in my mind because you had just posted, and I realized that you are part of the story. It's been a long time since we became such good friends over on MGH... now 6 years ago. I have pictures of your kids from back then... they must be HUGE now.

I hope all is well. I hope to talk to you soon!

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org