Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss http://www.spinalkinetics.com or M6 Anyone? in the Main forums forums; Hey there - anyone know more than what the above link tells us about this new M6 ? It has only been ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2009, 04:30 PM

Default http://www.spinalkinetics.com or M6 Anyone?

Hey there - anyone know more than what the above link tells us about this new M6 ? It has only been a company since 2003 & does not look to be here in the States yet. I got that it is in sue in some places in Germany & other countries from their site. They claim to mimic better the natural movement of a disc. You will see their comparison chart on their site - which was done in a study in Illinois by a doc of all places. I cant help but think they would want the USA market eventually but ... who knows.

I cant tell if this is a semiconstrained device or unconstrained. Anyone know any more about this?

Wonder when it will be coming to the USA for a trial?
So many new kids on the market now icontending for the same arena in ADR's- makes you wonder who will last other than the longer standing Charite & Prodisc.

Jill
Old 06-20-2009, 12:14 PM

Hey Jill
I think Stenum are implanting them. It looks like a good disc but it may well be difficult to implant and also has flexible core that who knows how long will last before it reduces in height. Its also limited in the rotation unlike other non-constrained discs. I think its only available in a cervical disc now but have read there is a lumbar disc in development.
I dont know how they have performed at all.

Mark
July 2009 ADR successfully removed laterally by Dr Luiz Pimenta in Brasil with XLIF and perc. PLIF

NO LONGER POSTING HERE
Old 06-21-2009, 03:57 PM

I remember looking at this before my surgery, and I thought the same thing...how long until that core gives out? It looks like a great product, but with too many "moving parts", it just makes sense that over time, there would be a lot of wear and tear...

But it certainly bears watching...

MRI 4/2008 shows bulging disc with annular tear @ 4/L5 and and complete herniation at L5/S1.

9/11/08 Laminectomy , successful to a point...relieved nerve pain, but after 4 months was still having severe disc pain.

Treatments tried: epidural shots, oral pain killers, NSAID's, TENS massage, chiropractic care, deep tissue massage. Oh, and plenty of our homemade wine!

May 26 2009, 2 level ADR, L4-S1, Dr. Bertagnoli, Straubing, Germany
Old 06-21-2009, 08:18 PM

I just wish there was like most of you more long term data behind it. It looks interesting but one does wonder how it's "shelf life" compared to others will be. Stenum must think alot of it but what only been 2 yrs now or some short period?

Jill