Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss One of those days in the Main forums forums; this is a post that i think is extremely important that i post for all of those who have had ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2009, 11:02 PM

Default One of those days

this is a post that i think is extremely important that i post for all of those
who have had spinal surgery and those who have not.
I am a prodisc advocate as i have 2, if you read my posts, i have nothing but good to say about them, and yes from time to time i still get PAIN, and this is one of those days, when i get up from sitting down to long, i get that dreaded pain in my back and i get shooting pains down my leg that takes my breath away, i know you all know what i am speaking of. I wonder what the heck i did in my sleep last night to cause this PAIN, did i twist in a way to pop out one of these ADR's or???
Anyhow, i just had another episode of that DREADED PAIN so i thought i would post this message to say there is still some pain from time to time, but the good days without pain definetly over shadow the bad days......
After a botched spinal tap where my L4/L5 disc exploded i underwent a laminectomy in 1979, and ran from spinal surgery ever since, then in 2002 i met DrDelamarter in Santa Monica- and my life as i knew it changed dramatically, I consider myself the "ProdiscPosterBoy" I am in the US Trials and one of the first in California to recieve 2 Lumbar Prodiscs, nomorepain-nomoremeds
Old 09-09-2009, 01:03 AM

Default dreaded pain

For the most part the pain med I take has allowed me to be pretty comfortable as well but there are those days that hmmmm, maybe I sat too long, bent over too many times, lifted something that I shouldn't have or whatever and *the dreaded pain* ensues... yep~ sure know what you're talking about tho am very glad for U that your P-discs are holding up well and so R U!

Hope your painfulness will be gone tomorrow or very shortly thereafter
Old 09-09-2009, 05:42 PM

NMP,

I believe my bad days are attributed to L2/3, the disc above my 3 level. From day 1, I couldn't sit for very long and still find it uncomfortable but after a little while in my zero gravity chair, all was well again. If you don't have one, a set of zero gravity pillows from Relax the Back store will convert your couch or bed into this respite.

Also, since your pain seems to be related to sitting, whatever is obviously irritated, most probably by swelling so you might try anti-inflammatories. It is the only med I have not been able to do without and perhaps will have to take for the rest of my life.

Good luck, Dale
Old 09-09-2009, 07:02 PM

Default a new day

Today i awoke to the realization my dreaded back pain is gone.
As the old saying goes, one day at a time... and my post is to let you all
know that even with 2 fairly new prodiscs in place (under 10 yrs old) i do have a few days a year that that old foe "pain" crops it's ugly head. though i know it's nothing going on inside, i still in the back of my mind wonder
did i do something wrong. Sometimes i think it's just my body telling me to slow down old man, you are trying to do to much, at 54 am i old? i try not to think in those terms, as the older i get, the age 60 or 70 well thats old!
Anyhow hopefully you to will realize even with sucessfull results there are down days when you just don't feel 100%.
After a botched spinal tap where my L4/L5 disc exploded i underwent a laminectomy in 1979, and ran from spinal surgery ever since, then in 2002 i met DrDelamarter in Santa Monica- and my life as i knew it changed dramatically, I consider myself the "ProdiscPosterBoy" I am in the US Trials and one of the first in California to recieve 2 Lumbar Prodiscs, nomorepain-nomoremeds