Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Cervical MRI in the Main forums forums; Well, I had a cervical MRI yesterday (because lately I've been experiencing headaches and numbing in my fingers) and ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2009, 05:54 PM

Default Cervical MRI

Well, I had a cervical MRI yesterday (because lately I've been experiencing headaches and numbing in my fingers) and of course I don't have the radiologist report yet, but to my untrained eye, it looks like I might have some bulging discs? Anyone care to comment on what you think you see? Hopefully the pic is big enough...

http://www.ispine.org/forum/picture....9&pictureid=60

MRI 4/2008 shows bulging disc with annular tear @ 4/L5 and and complete herniation at L5/S1.

9/11/08 Laminectomy , successful to a point...relieved nerve pain, but after 4 months was still having severe disc pain.

Treatments tried: epidural shots, oral pain killers, NSAID's, TENS massage, chiropractic care, deep tissue massage. Oh, and plenty of our homemade wine!

May 26 2009, 2 level ADR, L4-S1, Dr. Bertagnoli, Straubing, Germany
Old 09-15-2009, 08:04 PM

Default Not a Dr or an expert by any means, but....

Jess

the one axial image seems to indicate a small herniation or protrusion to the right side -- is the tingling / numbness in your right arm?

The other images seem to show some protrusion in your thoracic spine, based on what is circled

however, would obviously defer to competent medical authority for the definitive explanation

Hope your symptoms clear!
Matt

+ 2 level ADR with Prodisc-C (Nova) performed on 10 Sep 09 (C4-C5 and C5-C6)
+ Surgeon: Dr. Bertagnoli, Hospital: Bogen KKH
+ Patient advocate: Tim Vicknair, European Medical Tourist

+ Previous failed treatments : 6 months PT, chiroprachtic care, and 2 epidural steroid injections
Old 09-20-2009, 09:16 PM

Post PRO Disc implant

Hello ,

I went to Thailand for ADR Pro Disc C surgery at Bumrungrad Hospital and the implant was mis implanted by Dr Nanthandej and Orthopedic Surgeon.

According to Dr's in Michigan snce the implant was mis placed and is too far ventral osteophytes have grown so large and are causing compression on the ventral thecal sac. have suffered since 2006 with this problem that went
un diagnosed.

HAD MRI, bilateral arthograms for rotator cuff tears, PT, chiropratic, massage, etc to no avail.

Lost my teres minor to atrophy so surgeon would not oeprate on shoulders. Could not figure out problem

Saw Neuro in Dublin Ohio yesterday and he sad have facet joint problems with severe amount of osteophytes forming. Was told at one time
disc had fused , but osteophytes do not grow with fusion I am told.

Neuro tell ms disc is 3mm to far ventral and is causing facet joint loading since surgeon did not do adequate decompression of area at time of surgery.

Pro Disc would have worked if surgeon had not implanted disc wrong.

Need fusion now as told with facet problems cannot have have ADR.

Is this true?

I have Michigan AAA auto insurance and they denied me surgery back in

2005 so went to Thailand-- Huge mistake. Stay away from Bumrungrad Hospital .

I know of a little boy that was murdered at bumrungrad after a leg infection and his fater James Goldberg is pursing criminal charges aganst their CEO who harvested the little boys organs and sold them without permission from the parents.

His article is on the Bumrungrad site bumrungradhospital.com
under Murder at Bumrungrad Hospital.

Please let me know waht you know about my situation as need the help to decide what to do. Doubt my insurance will let me go to Germany.
Old 09-21-2009, 05:37 PM

Roz,

What horrendous circumstances you now find yourself in. I'm so sorry you're in constant pain and suffering due to what appears to be obvious malpractice.

I do believe it's true that facet problems eliminate you as a future ADR candidate and removing the one you have may be your only option but then again, I have absolutely no medical expertise. I don't know if your medical ins. covers the removal of ADRs.

Others should chime in here but you might seek consults with Dr. John Regan in Los Angeles and the Texas Back Institute.

Good luck to you and welcome to the forum, Dale