Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Sex after fusion? in the Main forums forums; Hi, sorry if this is too personal. I have a video from my HMO in regards to sex after fusion. ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2009, 08:51 PM

Default Sex after fusion?

Hi, sorry if this is too personal. I have a video from my HMO in regards to sex after fusion. It says ok to have sex after surgery but no time frame. Are they kidding???? Anyway I was trying to find on the internet something in regards to positions which are safe. Does anyone know of any sites or anything that might help me? Sorry if this is too personal.

Dancing accident in 96. tried PT, acupuncture, pilates, pain mgmt. nothing worked. Epidurals, facet blocks, caudal blocks, discogram. Opiates for ten years, oral prednisone, toradol inj. & more.

Two level spinal fusion with BMS, cages, hardware. due to bone density problems from chemotherapy, they had to go in front and back. Surgery Nov. 6, 2010. So far no regrets.
Old 08-31-2009, 11:12 PM

This was actually a discussion on another post. Mark can you give her the bookmark? Thanks, Dale
Old 09-01-2009, 06:32 PM

Well...I know fusion surgery vs. ADR are very different physiologically and very similar in terms of technique (main difference being the hardware used?)...

That being said...

As many of you know, I went to Germany for my surgery and left for Paris to be with my husband (who was working) after 5 days.

Paris...romantic...handsome husband...? Hello???

We were...enjoying each other...within one week of my surgery. I laid on my right side (my incision was just to the left of my belly button and going towards my pelvic bone), with two pillows between my knees. He was above me, as he would be in the "normal" position. Everything was...fantastic!!!!

That being said, everyone is different, and I don't think that it would be fair to say that there's a "cookie cutter" explanation for pleasure after ANY surgery.

I know that there are so many things to worry about before surgery, and believe me, this was a BIG one for me, but now that I'm on the other side, I have realized that it was MUCH easier living it than thinking about it! Once I woke up from my surgery, and that pre-op pain was GONE, the rest was a cake-walk! And now I'm back to being almost as flexible as I used to be (my hamstrings are still a little tight) and I've even started my early morning walks again. Life (except for still being unemployed) is pretty much back to normal...blissfully uneventful! Hubby and I are even taking a romantic long weekend to celebrate our anniversary over the holiday!

So, don't sweat this, and after your surgery, know that anythings possible...just listen to your body.

Jess

MRI 4/2008 shows bulging disc with annular tear @ 4/L5 and and complete herniation at L5/S1.

9/11/08 Laminectomy , successful to a point...relieved nerve pain, but after 4 months was still having severe disc pain.

Treatments tried: epidural shots, oral pain killers, NSAID's, TENS massage, chiropractic care, deep tissue massage. Oh, and plenty of our homemade wine!

May 26 2009, 2 level ADR, L4-S1, Dr. Bertagnoli, Straubing, Germany