Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Oxycodone ?? in the Main forums forums; I have been on them (and others) fo an awful long time. Each time I have had to withdraw off ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-17-2009, 12:06 AM

I have been on them (and others) fo an awful long time. Each time I have had to withdraw off them for a period of time I found it much easier to do by gradually lowering the regular dose, eg: dropping 5mg or 10mg at a time, but still taking the balance at your normal time. If you do not take it at regular times I think you should check with your dr. If you just try stop cold turkey you will go through withdrawl symptoms just like a 'junkie' would - shivers, sweaty, clammy, shaky, as well as those mentioned by Maria. If its possible it is much easier to do with the support of your doctor, if not pre-plan it and drop with regular gradual decreases - obviously make sure you have enough to do this so you do not run out and end up going cold turkey for the remainder. Will depend on your current dosage also. I would try drop it every 3 or 4 days, depends on how you handle it and how long you have to do it. Good luck....