ISPINE.ORG Forum

ISPINE.ORG Forum (http://www.ispine.org/forum/)
-   iSpine (http://www.ispine.org/forum/ispine/)
-   -   Where is everyone? (http://www.ispine.org/forum/ispine/1665-where-everyone.html)

Gil Denis 10-23-2009 12:55 AM

Where is everyone?

Hi All
What happened to this site it seems to be dead in the water?

Where is Mark ?:eek:

I think everybody got well and moved on:D and left me here alone:D

All The Best

Gil:)

mmglobal 10-23-2009 03:35 AM

Gil, I'm here but am in pretty bad shape. My t-spine is headed south and I'm hanging on by my fingernails. I have not been able to post much.

You recovering OK from your surgery?

fuzzy 10-23-2009 04:43 AM

Hello Gil and Mark.

I am checking in regularly and myself am also at a crossroads of sorts with my spine. My problems are worsening in my neck and I am a little worried about 2 vs 3 levels of the upcoming surgery. I have posponed several times but I feel I can not wait much longer. I work too much as pain is not too much but the neurological problems it seems everytime I don't pay attention to my body it seems the problems are getting worse. Currently my big roadblock is that my surgeon has stopped communication with me and it seems I will have to take an alternate route. More once I know more myself.

Mark, I really hope you will find improvement with your spine. Maybe doing a little less for some time is good. Those trips to europe must be very stressful on your recovery. I "do europe" alot as well and I find it very stressful with spine problems.

Katie 10-23-2009 09:02 AM

fuzzy we are living parallel lives. My surgeon has disappeared off the map as well; won't discuss new options after my metal allergy tests came back positive. I think I scared him away.

I was wondering the same thing Gil! It sure is quiet here lately.

Maria 10-23-2009 10:21 AM

present

Hey Katie,
My neck is holding up ok..knock on wood and it will probably spaz out just because I said that.. my lumbar spine is Ok too tho am awaiting an appeal of denial for ESI via WC.

Mark, Fuzzy, sorry to hear you both are experiencing more pain/probs.

Katie~ the metal allergies have your surgeon stymied re a *what's next* suggestion/referral/recommendation?

Time to get back in bed as low back is telling me to lie down at least at nighttime!

Gil Denis 10-23-2009 04:23 PM

Hi Mark

I am glad your here but not happy that you are dealing with more spine issues.

How are your knees?:cool:

I am recovering well from my disco six weeks today, walking a couple times a day, still not sitting, or driving.
Still have some lingering nerve issues in my legs and my little finger and ring finger numb in both hands? Doc seems to think its from my elbow? will do a EMG study in two weeks.:eek:

Mark I wish You All The Best

Gil:)

Katie 10-24-2009 03:49 AM

Hey Maria, I'm glad things are holding up well for you.

And I wish I knew what was going on with my surgeon. A friend called his office on my behalf to make sure he was actually there and not on vacation (there is a language problem between me and his staff). Yes, he's there and apparently just 'busy'. I'm going to fax him next to see if he will at least respond. Some thing, any thing would be nice. Thanks for asking.

JKDE302 10-24-2009 01:18 PM

?

Sadly I think most young people dont have serious spine problems... And most old people that do, dont use the internet very much...

fuzzy 10-28-2009 05:27 AM

Maybe not problems but real injuries. A friend of mine just injured his back leg going numb ended up in emergency surgery. Just like that, no particular event. they said "you're fine" then next day, no leg. This is the second one in 1 year I personally know of that this happened to. I have also met quite a few who had surgery, healed up and continued on with their life. One told me "oh, back problems, I had that, surgery, no big deal. Just get minimal surgery and you'll be fine" (not quite). My problems started for real in my 20s and went really downhill from there. Now in my 40s my spine seems to be a wreck and needs to be held together by metal.