Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Where is everyone? in the Main forums forums; Hi All What happened to this site it seems to be dead in the water? Where is Mark ? I think ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2009, 12:55 AM

Default Where is everyone?

Hi All
What happened to this site it seems to be dead in the water?

Where is Mark ?

I think everybody got well and moved on and left me here alone

All The Best

Gil
L4-L5 Annular fissure with mild central stenosis and moderate facet hypertrophy.
L5-S1DDDDD
L2-L3 Right-sided neural foraminal narrowing at and L3-L4 related to posterolateral hypertrophic spurs and facet hypertrophy.
C3-C4 limited DDD
9 injections Depo. P.T. 13 months 5 dose packs,
Nerve Block Injections.4 ESI S1
L5-S1 foraminotomy 09
L4-L5 Microdiscectomy 09 Reherniate 4-2010
Coflex-L Implants L4 to S1
Old 10-23-2009, 03:35 AM
Administrator

Gil, I'm here but am in pretty bad shape. My t-spine is headed south and I'm hanging on by my fingernails. I have not been able to post much.

You recovering OK from your surgery?
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org
Old 10-23-2009, 04:43 AM

Hello Gil and Mark.

I am checking in regularly and myself am also at a crossroads of sorts with my spine. My problems are worsening in my neck and I am a little worried about 2 vs 3 levels of the upcoming surgery. I have posponed several times but I feel I can not wait much longer. I work too much as pain is not too much but the neurological problems it seems everytime I don't pay attention to my body it seems the problems are getting worse. Currently my big roadblock is that my surgeon has stopped communication with me and it seems I will have to take an alternate route. More once I know more myself.

Mark, I really hope you will find improvement with your spine. Maybe doing a little less for some time is good. Those trips to europe must be very stressful on your recovery. I "do europe" alot as well and I find it very stressful with spine problems.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:02 AM

fuzzy we are living parallel lives. My surgeon has disappeared off the map as well; won't discuss new options after my metal allergy tests came back positive. I think I scared him away.

I was wondering the same thing Gil! It sure is quiet here lately.
All conventional therapy exhausted, including spinal injections, PT, massage, etc.
In appeal with Gov't Insurance for Out-of-country coverage for ADR hybrid surgery of above discs.
Recently discovered that I am severely allergic to all common metals used in surgical hardware except for Titanium.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:21 AM

Default present

Hey Katie,
My neck is holding up ok..knock on wood and it will probably spaz out just because I said that.. my lumbar spine is Ok too tho am awaiting an appeal of denial for ESI via WC.

Mark, Fuzzy, sorry to hear you both are experiencing more pain/probs.

Katie~ the metal allergies have your surgeon stymied re a *what's next* suggestion/referral/recommendation?

Time to get back in bed as low back is telling me to lie down at least at nighttime!
Old 10-23-2009, 04:23 PM

Hi Mark

I am glad your here but not happy that you are dealing with more spine issues.

How are your knees?

I am recovering well from my disco six weeks today, walking a couple times a day, still not sitting, or driving.
Still have some lingering nerve issues in my legs and my little finger and ring finger numb in both hands? Doc seems to think its from my elbow? will do a EMG study in two weeks.

Mark I wish You All The Best

Gil
L4-L5 Annular fissure with mild central stenosis and moderate facet hypertrophy.
L5-S1DDDDD
L2-L3 Right-sided neural foraminal narrowing at and L3-L4 related to posterolateral hypertrophic spurs and facet hypertrophy.
C3-C4 limited DDD
9 injections Depo. P.T. 13 months 5 dose packs,
Nerve Block Injections.4 ESI S1
L5-S1 foraminotomy 09
L4-L5 Microdiscectomy 09 Reherniate 4-2010
Coflex-L Implants L4 to S1
Old 10-24-2009, 03:49 AM

Hey Maria, I'm glad things are holding up well for you.

And I wish I knew what was going on with my surgeon. A friend called his office on my behalf to make sure he was actually there and not on vacation (there is a language problem between me and his staff). Yes, he's there and apparently just 'busy'. I'm going to fax him next to see if he will at least respond. Some thing, any thing would be nice. Thanks for asking.
All conventional therapy exhausted, including spinal injections, PT, massage, etc.
In appeal with Gov't Insurance for Out-of-country coverage for ADR hybrid surgery of above discs.
Recently discovered that I am severely allergic to all common metals used in surgical hardware except for Titanium.
Old 10-24-2009, 01:18 PM

Cool ?

Sadly I think most young people dont have serious spine problems... And most old people that do, dont use the internet very much...
C4-5: Mild disc height loss with central annular fissure. Small broad-based left paracentral disc protrusion. Moderate central canal stenosis-the disc protrusion abuts and mildly flattens the left ventral surface of the spinal canal.

C5-6: Disc desiccation with mild height loss.Diffuse discosteophyte bulge and uncovertebral joint hypertrophy, moderate central canal stenosis- Severe neuroforaminal stenosis bilaterally, right greater than left.
Old 10-28-2009, 05:27 AM

Maybe not problems but real injuries. A friend of mine just injured his back leg going numb ended up in emergency surgery. Just like that, no particular event. they said "you're fine" then next day, no leg. This is the second one in 1 year I personally know of that this happened to. I have also met quite a few who had surgery, healed up and continued on with their life. One told me "oh, back problems, I had that, surgery, no big deal. Just get minimal surgery and you'll be fine" (not quite). My problems started for real in my 20s and went really downhill from there. Now in my 40s my spine seems to be a wreck and needs to be held together by metal.