Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss prestige or Pro Disc advice in the Main forums forums; Anyone have opinions on which FDA disk is more desirable Pro Disc or Prestige? My view is that the Prestige ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2009, 02:48 PM

Default prestige or Pro Disc advice

Anyone have opinions on which FDA disk is more desirable Pro Disc or Prestige? My view is that the Prestige is a better option. If there is a problem revision is easy, four screws. The Prodisc has a center keel and the remote chance of vertebrae fracture or if revision was required you could could lose a lot of vertebrae from a cleave effect.

If someone has one I would appreciate your view.

Thanks.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:10 AM

My Nerosurgen told me yesterday that the best disc available right now is the Prestige Lp which he just started using last month...He said it is "superior" to the prodisc or any other disc in terms of durability...Also that he will not use the prodisc anymore because he did not like the keels...

Sadly I do (NOT) have aetna or blue cross so I cant get one in my neck...So I would have to get a muti level fusion...When I showed him the pamphlet for the M6 he ask me where I got it from... I told him Stenum hospital in Germany sent it to me and he said I might want to go over there to have surgery since it's half the price that it would be here in the US...I overheard my Mom and Aunt on the phone tonight talking about taking money out of the 401k for me to have surgery...The only thing that worries me is since I have a congenitaly narrow spinal canal nothing will help me...
C4-5: Mild disc height loss with central annular fissure. Small broad-based left paracentral disc protrusion. Moderate central canal stenosis-the disc protrusion abuts and mildly flattens the left ventral surface of the spinal canal.

C5-6: Disc desiccation with mild height loss.Diffuse discosteophyte bulge and uncovertebral joint hypertrophy, moderate central canal stenosis- Severe neuroforaminal stenosis bilaterally, right greater than left.

Last edited by JKDE302; 11-20-2009 at 01:13 AM.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:39 PM

I should have been more clear. I was looking for the Cervical disks, the LP is for lumbar. I do agree about the keels, that's why I'm leaning towards the Prestige.

As for revision the prestige comes out very easy, so if there is a problem down the line, remove 4 screws and it's out. If that ever happened, hopefully the M6 would be approved by then.

FYI - I heard through the grapevine that Spinal Kinetics was starting to prepare for FDA trials.
Old 11-21-2009, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill1961 View Post
I should have been more clear. I was looking for the Cervical disks, the LP is for lumbar.

I heard through the grapevine that Spinal Kinetics was starting to prepare for FDA trials.
M6 Trials start first quarter of 2010, I talked to the people at Spinal Kinetics...

And the Prestige LP is for the "Neck" (Cervical)...The one with the 4 screws is the old model...

Read this and look at the pics....

Prestige LP Cervical Disc Replacement / Arthroplasty

Study of Safety & Effectiveness of PRESTIGE® LP Cervical Disc vs. Anterior Cervical Fusion in Cervical Degenerative Disc Disease - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov

C4-5: Mild disc height loss with central annular fissure. Small broad-based left paracentral disc protrusion. Moderate central canal stenosis-the disc protrusion abuts and mildly flattens the left ventral surface of the spinal canal.

C5-6: Disc desiccation with mild height loss.Diffuse discosteophyte bulge and uncovertebral joint hypertrophy, moderate central canal stenosis- Severe neuroforaminal stenosis bilaterally, right greater than left.