Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Biologic disc treatments in the Main forums forums; Does anyone follow this area of research and know of more treatments out there. Hopefully biologic approach will become common ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-07-2010, 02:27 AM

Default Biologic disc treatments

Does anyone follow this area of research and know of more treatments out there. Hopefully biologic approach will become common first line treatment in near future.

At present .....

1. nucleus regeneration

a. In use.... Disc Regenerative Therapy | Diagnosis & Treatments | Capitol Spine & Pain Centers®

b. In trial....Intradiscal rhGDF-5
Intradiscal rhGDF-5 Phase I/II Clinical Trial - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov

c. Award winning compound
Powered by Google Docs

2. a. Biologic Anular repair
Phase 3 trial to commence
Treatment of Symptomatic Lumbar Internal Disc Disruption (IDD) With the Biostat® System - Tabular View - ClinicalTrials.gov

Spinal Restoration - Products

(a patient's comments copied from another forum posted as follows. Name/details of person deleted by me.)
“ …I had my 2nd and hopefully last Fibrin injection the first part of February of this year (2009). I worked part time all summer at a hospital and have been working full time since the 2nd of September for ...................... I am doing well. The Fibrin seems to have held this second time. I never thought I would get out of bed again and it seems like a miracle to be working. I work for a bunch of great Spine Doctors. I would certainly try the Fibrin. You don't burn any bridges with it and I do know of people that have gotten relief from it even when their discs were less than 1/3. Some bone on bone almost. The docs I work for know Dr. Pauza and have talked to me a lot about it. I have shown some of them my films and they were amazed I am walking much less working full time. I don't get on here too much anymore because I work a lot but if I can answer any questions I would be more than happy too. I will try to set this up so I get notified if anyone writes. Best wishes and God bless.
XXXXXXXXXXX

10-02 - ProDiscs L4/5 and L5/S1 - FDA study - disks placed incorrectly which
caused problem at L3/4 and L2/3
01-05 - ProDiscs at C5/6 and C6/7 in Germany - seems to be working fine so far
Bedbound from 09-06 until 10-08 due to severe pain and weakness
09-08 - Had Fibrin sealant done at L3/4 and L2/3 After 6 weeks - much success!
Hoping and praying that the lumbar revision surgery that was scheduled with Dr. Regan can be indefinitely postponed ”

b. Mechanical anular repair (not biologic)
Good News For Aching Backs | Article Archive | M.D. News Bay Area Edition