Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Statin Causing Leg Pain? in the Main forums forums; Hello everybody, It's been a while since I posted anything, but I am still dealing with severe leg and ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2010, 04:58 PM

Default Statin Causing Leg Pain?

Hello everybody,
It's been a while since I posted anything, but I am still dealing with severe leg and tailbone pain after my L5/S1 Fusion. As of 2/6/10, I was 1 year post op. Their recent attempt to help my leg pain was last Monday 2/22/10. I had Sacroliliac Joint Injection and a Sacrococcygeal (Midline) Joint injection. The nurse circled occygeal in the word sacroccygeal. I am confused on what she meant. Will someone explain? I have heard so many big words in the last year and I just get lost now. In the last year I have also had Facet Joint Injections and a nerve block. Honestly, I cant remember what locations all of these were done. My MRI and CT scans look "excellent" from my surgeon and Pain Mgmt. doctors view. A nerve test was performed (a while after my nerve block) with good results. Wouldn't the nerve be dead and give a false reading?Now, finally to my main question. Would my statin (Tricor) be causing my pain? I take Tricor for my triglycerides and Micardis HCT for high blood pressure. I am hearing that statins have a side effect that have been linked to leg and back pain. I am tired and depressed from this ongoing pain. The Opana ER and compounded hydrocodone aren't helping much with the pain. My pain doctor has my hydrocodone compounded due to the lipid levels from blood tests. The Tylenol was causing this and liver discomfort. Sorry for being so long, but I feel like I can let it all out to fellow spineys!!
Old 03-01-2010, 07:02 PM

Wish I could provide some info you need but perhaps others can chime in here.

I'm sorry for your pain and hope you do find the relief you need.

My best to you, Dale