Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Doctor needed! in the Main forums forums; Hi I very much need to know of doctors in my area and/or the US with experience doing multi-...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2010, 07:24 AM

Default Doctor needed!

Hi

I very much need to know of doctors in my area and/or the US with experience doing multi-level cervical ADR. I've been waiting over a year to see if my insurance co (United Healthcare) would begin covering the surgery or to figure out a way to pay for surgery at Stenum or Prospine or to get into a clinical trial somewhere.

Now I have no choice as I have deteriorated dramatically in the past two months. Cord stenosis affecting all limbs. Nerve root compression now resulting in weakness and loss of fine motor control. etc.

Are there any surgeons performing multilevel cervical ADR in South Florida?
How about anywhere in the US?

Thank you for your help

Frank
tipaso@earthlink.net
Old 06-02-2010, 06:34 PM

Default re surgeons in S.Fla area

Hi Frank,
There have been a few people here that have had surgery in Fla.. where I'm not sure however perhaps if you do a search here for surgeons in your area something will come up. You could go to GPN Artificial Disc Replacement ADR and check out Mark Mintzer's information in terms of a Spine Patient Advocate that perhaps could assist you in your quest.

Bumping this post for someone else who may be of assistance with this question..

Last edited by Maria; 06-02-2010 at 06:38 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:13 AM
Administrator

Frank, the surgeon in Florida I've worked with is Rolando Garcia in Aventura. I don't know other florida surgeons.

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org
Old 06-23-2010, 01:44 PM

Texas Back Institute has some wonderful surgeons as well. There are a number of out of country surgeons we can recommend as well.

I just came back from Brazil, where I had a very successful cervical ADR and a two level lumbar fusion surgery done, at much less cost than with other out-of-country surgeons.

Dr. Luiz Pimenta was my surgeon, and he works closely with Nuvasive, a California company that devises minimally invasive appliances and techniques.
All conventional therapy exhausted, including spinal injections, PT, massage, etc.
In appeal with Gov't Insurance for Out-of-country coverage for ADR hybrid surgery of above discs.
Recently discovered that I am severely allergic to all common metals used in surgical hardware except for Titanium.