Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Question~~~ in the Main forums forums; I briefly checked the forums, and didn't see anything relating to the CD HORIZON SEXTANT SYSTEM. My DH's ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-15-2010, 03:39 AM

Default Question~~~

I briefly checked the forums, and didn't see anything relating to the CD HORIZON SEXTANT SYSTEM. My DH's L4-L5 are bone on bone, having excruciating pain in left leg, and his neurosurgeon is recommending surgery, using this system. Unfortunately, it's a Workers' Comp case, and the orthopod, who saw him for an Independent Medical Exam as previously said he didn't need surgery. He had severe onset of pain Nov 30th, spent the next 15 days and nights in his recliner as he couldn't go upstairs. I got his pain management doc to change his muscle relaxant from Skelaxin, which wasn't helping, to Valium, which has helped. He also changed his pain med from Darvocet N-100 to Hydrocodone 10-325, and increased the dosage of Neuroton his VA doc had ordered, from 100 mgm to 300 mgm 3 times a day. His left leg gives way unexpectedly, so he's prone to falls. This will be his 5th surgery. His first was in '81, and he did great, working in the oil field industry, carrying heavy equipment with no problem. He re-injured his back in late '91 and had surgery in May, '92. He did well until June, '98 when he developed foot drop and had emergency surgery, and he did well until 2004 when he had urgent surgery to remove extruded disc material, foramenotomies, etc. He did well until this sudden onset of very severe pain last Nov. Of course, over the years, if he over-did, he would have aching of his low back or down into his legs, but he was able to do whatever needed to be done around the house.

I just want to know if anyone has any experience with this fusion system and how they've done since.
Ann