Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss My first Bellydancing Class in the Main forums forums; I have felt so good with my back that I decided to take a bellydancing class and started that on ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2010, 01:06 PM

Default My first Bellydancing Class

I have felt so good with my back that I decided to take a bellydancing class and started that on Sunday evening. I guess I thought it was just about shaking stuff however it's alot of isolated muscle group excercise and it's a super workout.

My everything hurt that was involved and when I went home I was sure I was going to wake up feeling maimed and beaten however was just tired mostly w/no backache or burning pain from the night before.

When I felt the burn of exercise after the workout I was sure that it would either linger and/or get worse so I was really happy to wake up without any of this going on and nothing into the day.

Wait.. my neck was killing me tho might have been as much from the position I slept in that night than from the dancing. That took some Fioricet to knock out yesterday. No other meds than my usual dose pain medication. No Neurontin. My feet also hurt in the morning (tendonitis) tho that eased up too tho came back last night and this morning.

My back is good! Whooohooooo!
Old 09-07-2010, 03:47 PM

WhooooHooooo indeed

Most people take feeling good for granted. We all know better - It feels great to feel good, normal.

Tried belly dancing (too) many years ago. You're right, it's not what you think. Keep up the good work,

Dale
Old 09-09-2010, 10:10 AM

Sounds amazing. Perhaps the long, painful road of natural fusion can provide a beneficial rest of life outcome compared to surgery. Here's hoping.
Old 09-09-2010, 03:01 PM

Default long painful road

It was that re natural fusion process however I've not felt so good in so many years and been able to do so much in ages. There were no real repercussions re the bellydancing so going to do it again this weekend and have been able to sit and travel by bus for several hours from home to San Diego and feel well enough to not rest and keep on the go and this is all w/o the Neurontin I took for years.

I know this sounds crazy to many but I had such bad neuropathies post my 2nd spine surgery I was too afraid to have more surgery esp. of fusion magnitude and was worried the burning pains would resurface as they were post my 2nd surgery which made me want to crawl in a hole and just not ever get out.

So I'm very grateful and happy for the natural healing process to date and hope I continue to improve even while natural degenerative processes are happening. So far so good.
Old 09-11-2010, 01:22 PM

Default return from San Diego

chose to travel by bus again but it was a 3 hour trip vs. 2 and altho I didn't sit all the way, lugging stuff around and sitting for at least over an hour on return plus getting the public train and walking the rest of the way home I was exhausted when I got back.

Woke up the following day and my right shoulder was killing me from carrying a bag that ws heavy and my right thigh was burning. Car wouldn't start so had a day full of running around and errands that were backed up but got thru everything.

Had a big glass of wine, went to bed and today no burning pain in leg however still have the shoulder pain and now some neck pain too. Will take a muscle relaxer later to help with this I think.

So one good development seems to be that I seem to get over things quicker re my back insults as in the past burning pain would last much longer and that was even with 1800mg of Neurontin/day.

I have to admit tho that bus ride sitting did bother me tho not horribly.