Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss C4-5, C6-7 Mobi-C experience in the Main forums forums; hi there i am Mack and I am quite new here.Well I am just 30 post opt with 2 ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2010, 01:46 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to mack macky
Default C4-5, C6-7 Mobi-C experience

hi there
i am Mack and I am quite new here.Well I am just 30 post opt with 2 level mobic implant c4/5 and 6/7 and yesterday I had quite a severe pain 5-10. I went to bed and woke completely with no pain at all . Can I know how long did your pain lasted affer the post opt . I am hoping the pain to complete go withing 2 or 3 months .
thanks and have a nice day

Rgds
Mack
Old 10-18-2010, 08:13 AM
Administrator

Mack, welcome to the forum!

I hope you don't mind, but I moved your post from the original thread into it's own thread. It is really not related to the myth buster thread and your questions will be lost there.

I have a 4-level cervical ADR myself. I had one of those great, immediate bounce-back kind of recoveries, but unfortunately, as I was healing up from my cervical ADR surgery, my thoracic spine was heading south. I still have some minor annoying cervical pain and some minor annoying lumbar pain, but am very happy with the outcomes of my lumbar (2002) and cervical (2009) ADR surgeries. I wish the t-spine pain would go away, but it's not and I'm back in pain management and am very frequently struggling to function well just a few hours a day.

I'm not real clear about your setback. What was your pre-op pain like? What has been your average pain level as the weeks since your surgery have worn on? Is your setback over?

I look forward to learning more about your case, and hopefully about your stellar recovery. All the best,

Mark
2002 L4-S1 Charite' ADR - SUCCESS!
2009 C3-C4, C5-C6-C7, T1-T2 ProDisc-C Nova
Summer 2009, more bad thoracic discs!
Life After Surgery Website
President: Global Patient Network, Inc.
Founder: www.iSpine.org
Old 10-18-2010, 05:12 PM

Hi Mack and welcome,

Though there are ups and downs in this recovery, pain that lasts more than a few days should be investigated. You will do things that aggravate your spine and there will be times it just gets painful because ?????. These are not usually harmful in the long run.

Also, those cervical spines tend to heal slightly faster than lumbar, your 2-3 month expectation of becoming pain free could be optimistic though not impossible. We all heal differently and there is no way to predict how long your pain will last and to what intensity. There is also no prediction for long term problems. As a doctor once told me, 100% has a different meaning.

Perhaps you'll be pain free 2-3 months post-op, perhaps not. Perhaps you won't have and residual long-term pain/problems, perhaps you will. Most of us are simply looking to get our lives back after very long-term painful/no life living. Minor pains or problems are generally acceptable.

Whatever your case, I hope your dreams are realized. Please tell us more about yourself and keep us posted.

Dale
Old 10-20-2010, 01:01 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to mack macky
Default Breathing is important to control pain

Thanks everyone for keeping in the loop. Well my pre opt pains were off and on at which I would put is as 3 -10 and most of the time. I was managing it and also thought of not going for a surgery for the rest of my life. then, one month ago I had to do some work and I guess I could have strain the disc much further and all of a sudden the pain excelated to 6 - 10 and my fingers had tingling sensation .And this time both of my hands were affected. All the while ( 8 years or so) I only had pains on my right hand shoulder.
I was too worried and I made an immediate dicission to go for a sugery . And upon the arrival . A MRI confirmed it coz a little wrose on c 6/7 . Eight years ago my MRI read disc herniation on c5/6.
Right after the surgery supprisingly I had severe pain on right shoulder which was very new for me . I told the doc and he said I may be because of spasm. And true enough the pain complete went off within the 2nd day .
As for now , which is 35 days after my surgery and I feel no pain while standing. sitting n walking . I only feel some pain if stiffen my head to some work .
And another thing which I have notice is . The breathing is very important .This is because whenever I am doing something like typing or sms'ing . I tend to hold my breath and that causes the pain .
Well let me make a clearer example . I will have more pain to have a thread into a needle hole compare to just simply lift a laptop . This because I tend to hold my breath while trading a needle and just freely breath lifting a laptop.
I wont know other hold their breath while doing thing that requires concerntration.
thanks and have a nice time and day .