Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Axialif Revision in the Main forums forums; Dale, Thank you for the support. I feel very confident in this new doctor. He seemed to immediately recognize my ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2010, 06:47 PM

Dale, Thank you for the support. I feel very confident in this new doctor. He seemed to immediately recognize my symptoms and was thoroughly familiar with Axialif problems. I'll post test results when received.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:02 PM

Default re fusion

Are you fused or is there non union issues? Is the screw impinging on anything? It would seem that a loose screw would be like a loose cannon.. potential for problems which it must have created somehow tho did the surgeon you saw say exactly how?

Not that I know anything about this type of particular fusion however just wondering and sorry to hear that you have to have a revision. Will you be getting a 2nd opinion or more opinions even if satisfied with surgeon, findings and recommendation? No other probs noted at other disc levels?
Old 10-24-2010, 08:13 PM

Hi Maria - This surgeon said he felt the main screw was moving around and that the fusion may have only occurred on the exterior areas. I am getting MRI and ct scan shortly for him. I may get a second opinion, but not with the original surgeon. The original surgeon refused to order MRI with sedation after I reported my new pain symptoms to his office. I found that disconcerting, as that is how he ordered it for me prior to surgery. His nurse told me he doesn't do that. When I brought up that he had done so last year, she couldn't give me an answer as to why. I felt he didn't really want to hear that the surgery failed.