Go Back   ISPINE.ORG Forum > Main forums > iSpine
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

iSpine Discuss Outside temps making nerve pain worse in the Main forums forums; It seems that when I get blasted by the heat outside that it make my nerve pain feel worse. It'...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2011, 08:05 PM

Default Outside temps making nerve pain worse

It seems that when I get blasted by the heat outside that it make my nerve pain feel worse. It's 105 in the shade here today! I pray for fall like you can't beleive. Anyone else have this happen to them?
Old 07-28-2011, 03:31 PM

Default heat bothers me too

Cheryl,
I've not had nerve pain now for about 5 years (after a number of years w/episodic and then chronic nerve related pain) so can't remember tho I do have to say that my tendonitis in both feet and even migraines seem to be affected by "extreme heat" which here is 85ish to 90 degrees ..

I lived in Fla a little over a year and it affected my breathing (felt like I was gasping for breath in summer time).

So wouldn't surprise me re neuropathies . everything seems to swell in the heat to some degree and maybe nerves are bothered by this heat induced inflmammatory like situation (just an uneducated guess).
Old 07-28-2011, 04:57 PM

Since ice makes me feel better and heat only makes my pain worse, I would have to agree with that.

Conversely, joint pain feels better with heat and sports injuries are less likely than when played in the cold.

Kind of makes you scratch your head - but either way, I hope you're finding a way to stay cool. Any predictions on when this oppressive heat will break? All we get on the west coast is that the middle of the country in embroiled in a heat wave.

Dale
Old 07-28-2011, 06:05 PM

Default ditto

As Dale mentioned re warmth helping my joint pain! I now notice this esp. in my hands, fingers, thumbs. Boy do they hurt when it's damp and cooler out. Particularly my thumbs. They are almost useless at times and very painful.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:31 PM

Thumbs up temp change and nerve pain

hi
i have had post op nerve pain for about a yr now.ithe nerves in my legs are greatly affected by any temp change especially the cold.i may have different circumstances as the backs of my legs are paralized but the nerves below the skin are trying to work and i have to wear long johns fron sept til march if there is a breeze of any kind.my rehab doctor says this is very typical.hope that helps and hope things get better for you!!
Old 09-12-2011, 05:38 PM

Kelly,

Your symptoms sound quite familiar. Acupuncture worked great for me, somoething that surprised me more than I can say. You might want to give it a try.

Dale